Sunday 13 October 2013

Hangover Pampering


Any of you lovely lot over the age of Eighteen, will know all too well, just how horrible hangovers are. 
Too many Vodka and Cokes? Got too Carried away with the Jägerbombs and Sourz shots?
We all make bad decisions when drunk, some may be drinking more than we know we should, some may be texting your ex-boyfriend angry texts messages, whereas others (like me) decide that we are very kind and want to buy the whole pub/bar shots. Yep - I've woken up many mornings after a night out with a VERY light purse because I just want everyone to get as drunk as me. 

Whatever we do on that night out, we all know we aren't going to feel too great on the morning after the night before. So I've taken it upon myself to write a little 'Hangover Pampering' post. My must-do pampering secrets to try and beat the hangover at it's own game!

Step 1. 
-
BRUSH YOUR TEETH. 

There is nothing worse than waking up with alcohol breath (or for the very unlucky and classy of us here, the horribe scent of sicky breath). Brushing my teeth is always the first thing I do when I wake up from my alcohol-induced slumber. 



Step 2.
-
HYDRATE!

Drinking plenty of water is the best thing for you first thing in the morning to start curing that hangover. Your body needs to re-hydrate and recompose itself from last nights drinking antics. I always try to drink at least 2-3 pints of water within the first hour or two from waking up - it stops the dizzy feeling and makes you feel better in yourself.

Step 3.
-
TAKE OFF THAT MAKE-UP

Did you leave your makeup on last night? You should NEVER go to bed with makeup on. It really isn't good for your skin and I find it breaks me out instantly. Grab yourself a makeup wipe (I like to use 'Simple Kind to Skin', because they are so soft and do a great job at removing even the toughest of waterproof makeup - plus they really are 'Kind to (my) skin') or some make remover and a cotton pad and remove your make up. Don't be too harsh on your skin though, gently remove the remainders of your makeup - you're skins been through enough already. 
Even if you were clever enough to remeber to take your makeup off last night, you should still give your face a wipe over with a makeup removing wipe or liquid/cream remover on a pad, it just makes sure that you have gotten everything off ready for my next step.


Step 4.
-
FACE MASK

Apply a gentle face mask. I like to use this one (pictured abover) from Simple. It's a three-minute mask that quickly gets to work on cleaning your pores and giving you a refreshed feeling to your face. Using a face mask like this is a brilliant way to help you get over your hangover blues, it instantly brightens up your face and makes you feel so much better and your face feel cleaner. 


Step 5. 
-
BRUSH YOUR HAIR

Now, I know that with me, I hate having a shower straight away when I have a hangover. All I want to do is snuggle up in my bed and watch some Katherine Heigl films (she always seems to cheer me up). So for me, the best thing to do is brush through my hair thouroghly, spray on a generous helping of Batiste Dry Shampoo*and chuck it up into a bun/top knot. It just keeps it out of my face and makes me feel cleaner and fresher. 

Step 6.
-
CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES

Depending on how drunk you were last night, you've either woken up in last nights outfit, naked, or you were clever enough to change into your PJs (this is most likely to be the girls who have remembered to take off their makeup before falling into that long snooze). Changing your clothes - even if it's into a different pair of pyjams - is the next best thing you could do to make yourself feel better. You're out of the clothes you've partied in / slept in all night and you're in some crisp fresh ones, no matter how bad you smell or how desperately you know you need a shower, this is the nicest feeling.

Step 7.
-
KILL THE MUNCHIES

Now from my experience, when I have a stonking hangover , I never want to eat. I always feel far to sickly to think that my stomach could hold any kind of food down. However, eating is the best thing. It doesn't matter whether it's a slice of plain toast or it's a massive bowl of chessey pasta, eating will 99% of the time make you feel better. Your stomach needs substance and food is the best thing for it!


Hopefully, this post has helped all of you that are suffering this morning just that little bit. For me, these are the best tips I can give as I always feel so much more refreshed and able to face the day once I've pampered myself.


Do you do anything different to cure your hangover?
What do you think about my hangover pampering tips?
Let me know in the comments below. 

xox

Have you checked out my October Giveaway yet? There's still time to enter Here
And don't forget you can follow me on Bloglovin' Here
 

Share:

8 comments

  1. This is actually great tips, i hate hangovers with a passion!
    victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh same here! Best thing to do with a hangover is try and beat it xox

      Delete
  2. great tips:) a good face mask is definitely a must

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed and found them helpful! I definitely agree, even if i can't be bothered with the rest (because i'm just too hungover) facemask is the one thing i make myself do! xx

      Delete
  3. I always drink a pint of water before I go to bed! Carly. X

    Carly's Beauty World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great thing to do! Id i can remember, I always try to do this too! x

      Delete
  4. I loved this is was great! Thanks if I am sober enough to remember it I will so these things haha!

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig