Friday 25 April 2014

Review | Tanya Burr Lip Glosses*


A couple of months a go when I first heard that Tanya Burr was launching her own range of products along with Eye Candy I couldn't wait and jumped at the chance to buy myself some of her gorgeous new products. However, I fell short at the first hurdle when her range of lip glosses were completely sold out by the time I got round to ordering them (I just had to buy four of her nail polishes first and wait until next pay day for the glosses - such a mistake). I hadn't gotten around to buying any more since and so was delightfully surprised when a couple were waiting patiently for me in a packet on my bed one day after work. 

Tanya's lip glosses are lovely. I have to be honest, I've never really been a lip gloss kind of girl; with hair as long as mine and the English weather, lip gloss doesn't really work too well - hello windswept hair stuck to lips, definitely not a good look! However, I have to admit, these glosses are perfectly balanced. They are so pigmented with such good lasting colour and even carry out as a stain in some cases and of course, they're not too sticky! 



I was sent two gorgeous colours, 'Exotic Island', which is a gorgeous hot pink and stains the lips really nicely. I've completely fallen for this colour and it works so well with a subtle eye, all ready for the summer! This colour also works so well on my sister - I had it a day before it had mysteriously disappeared and was spotted on her lips. Exotic Island is the perfect shade for any spring, summery look and I can't wait to be rocking it more, especially when I'm out in Ibiza. 

The second shade was 'Champagne Toast' - as we all know I absolutely love nude colours and this is just the nicest gloss nude that I've seen in a while. It really compliments my skin and makes me look like I've got so much of a better tan than I actually do. Result. Unlike 'Exotic Island', this gloss doesn't have the same stain power, however, I don't really think that's an issue with a nude like this; with 'Exotic Island' a stain is much more needed. 


Overall, I've been really impressed with these two glosses and will definitely be looking in to more of Tanya's shades - especially since it's so much easier now that they are available in Superdrug! You can pick up a gloss or nail polish here. You can also find my previous Tanya Burr Nail Polish review here

INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
Check out my Exclusive Advertiser Kathleen Pavey
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love Champagne Toast! Don't you think they smell lovely too? Haha. Exotic island looks gorgeous, might have to pick that one up for summer :) xo

    www.seekmyscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tanya Burr's lipglosses! Her nail polishes are amazing too. My favourite lipgloss is in 'Afternoon Tea'.

    Beth | BeautyBubbles x

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig