Wednesday 28 January 2015

Beauty | The New Favourite Liquid Coverage with Clarins Everlasting Foundation

My skin can be a stubborn thing; so much so that usually the tiniest drop of liquid foundation or an alien makeup product can make me break out in seconds. I stick to the base products I know and I've completely stepped away from Liquid foundation on a daily basis, choosing instead to use a mineral based powder foundation. For the last week I've been trialling Clarins' Everlasting Foundation*  (Link) which for me, has been a massive gamble considering my face has been absolutely spotless recently. If there's one thing us girls don't always like, it's change and I have to say that in this situation, this gamble has really paid off. I've used this foundation six days in a row now and I haven't had one single breakout. That's like none, zero... When I usually have a Liquid Foundation one-night thing when I go out, I break out like crazy over the next few days. This foundation has definitely agreed with my skin and I'm over the moon that I still have no spots! 




Liquid foundations can be quite heavy-duty and this is what I've always struggled with in the past. I don't think my skin can quite handle too much on it at once. With the primer, concealer and then a gloopy foundation, it has a hissy fit and breaks out on me to teach me a lesson (well maybe not quite but you get the idea). The Everlasting Foundation never once made me feel like I was wearing too much; It has a really light formula and minimises all of those little creases and wrinkles (not that I have any of those at 20 years of age). Nothing seemed to congeal or dry out and I honestly felt like I had great coverage all day long. I wouldn't say it quite lasted the whole 15 hours that it claims to hold, but it did a darn good job at it, especially when I hit the gym hard and had sweat dripping down my face (too much info?). 

As you can see from my swatches above, 103 Ivory was my perfect match - In fact on my face, this blended really well with my RT Miracle Complexion sponge and I couldn't really notice too much of difference between my actual skin tone and the foundation. Obviously, it enhanced my complexion and eliminated some redness on my cheeks and forehead, but I really really liked that you could still see my freckles through it. The makings of a good foundation for me are ones where it only covers the skin with a light veil instead of a heavy slap of makeup. For me, I love a natural look and this gave me a lovely natural and healthy glow and enhanced my skin tone to one that looked more even. Unlike other liquid foundations that I've tried in the past, I didn't find this to be too dewy or shiny and loved the look that it gave me - it's hard to describe, but it' some kind of  healthy balance between shiny and matte. 

Overall this foundation has completely brought back my faith in liquid coverages. Ever since I changed to my BareMinerals Mineral Powder back a couple of months ago, I kind of swore off of liquid foundations (minus for the occasional night out - and I don't go out that often).  Having been introduced to this great Clarins foundation I'm starting to change my mind about banishing the wet stuff all together. I've loved the look and feel the Everlasting Foundation has given me this week and I definitely think I'll be using it a tad more frequently than just on a night out. The bottles will just look perfect on my dressing table too, the frosted glass and modern gold lid is so pretty and with the slick pump its just perfect for using quickly and for on the go. Can I also mention quickly that this smells like watermelons?! Delicious.

Clarins Everlasting Foundation | £27 | Link

Have you ever tried a Clarins foundation?
What other foundations do you think I would like?

INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' 


Share:

5 comments

  1. I never really think about looking at Clarins products. These sound amazing, added watermelon scent too. Bonus x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it was never a brand that I'd looked at before either really, but it is a gorgeous foundation! xx

      Delete
    2. I'm the same with Clarins products. I always see them at the department store and never give them a second look because it just looks sort of clinical compared to other brands. I think…the only thing I bought from them was their SPF and that was probably back in 2005!!!! Actually, you sort of influenced me to check out Bare Minerals as well!!!

      Delete
  2. This sounds incredible, I use the matte clarins at the moment but my skin is seriously misbehaving, I definitely need to check this out in the same colour I think xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. great in depth review, I've been shying away from liquid foundations for the same reason but I might give this a go! would love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig