Monday 13 July 2015

Lifestyle | Life Lately


It may only be the first week of July, but this Summer has already been one of my best so far. I'm increasingly getting more and more excited about leaving my little Wiltshire town and moving to Manchester and in the process I'm making so many great memories here with Jordan, my family and friends. I think one of the biggest things that have happened over the last couple of weeks has to be that I bought Jordan a pet Hamster. If anyone knows me at all, you'll know that I really am not an animal person. I wouldn't quite say hate (as that's a pretty strong feeling) but me and animals just do not gel. So for me to buy Jordan a Hamster after repeatedly telling him no for months has to be one of my best memories. The look on his face when he came home and saw the cage was priceless and something I will always remember.. He was so happy!

I met Tanya Burr last month. Did I mention that on here already? It was one of those really nice afternoons where I could shop around London, spend time with Melody and meet someone that I've been watching on Youtube forever. It was a really nice afternoon put on by Origins and although I won't babble on too much here (you can read the full post here), I will say that it was so nice meeting someone like Tanya in such a relaxed situation! The next photo above is from a day out at Thorpe Park with Jordan! We took a day off of work and drove the hour and a half down to one of my favourite theme parks! It was such a scorching day and because of the terrible accident at Alton Towers, there weren't actually many people there compared to usual so the queues weren't that bad at all.. I got extremely burnt - queue lobster red back, chest and shoulders and a shit tonne of after sun required! It was such a lovely day and days like that for me and Jordan are some of the nicest I think!

As you can see from the last photo above, I'm still working towards my end goal of my dream body. I'm getting there slowly but surely and the photo above has been such a milestone for me! Finally I can see some progress with abs and muscles. I've actually started to see the definition in my legs more and also in how slim I'm getting. We have a new WellBeing machine at work and it's been helping so much to keep a track of my weight loss, my BMI and my body fat percentage. It's literally a dream in a machine for me right now as I'm trying to tone up and lose a tiny bit more of my fatty areas! I'm really happy with my body lately and can't wait to start more defining results now that most of my fat has gone!

This is Grace. Grace is a lovely girl that I met last year (left photo) in Ibiza. Grace was the holiday rep for 2wentys and we hit it off like a house on fire! Although the photo on the left doesn't show her looking too happy, this photo was from the best night of my holiday. Grace, myself and Beki all deserted the bar crawl and went off on our own drunken tangent (much to her boss' dismay) and ended up running round the St Antonio main strip trying to get to Lineker's and finding Mario Falcone - let's just say that after stopping for a very classy wee stop mid strip, lipstick application (to make ourselves appealing in our drunken state) and getting a tad lost we didn't actually end up meeting Mario, but it did lead to one of the best nights out  I've ever had and all because of this girl. Skip to exactly (yes literally to the day) one year later and the photo on the right shows me and Grace fully reunited in Manchester earlier in June. It was so nice to meet up with her and I honestly cannot wait to move to Manchester and be closer to her! It's crazy to think that a friend I met in a different country will soon be one I can see on a regular basis! Absolutely love this one and was so nice seeing her again!




Had to whack in a couple of selfie's here didn't I? I've been loving stepping out of my comfort zone recently with clothing and can't wait to step further out again. With losing a bit of weight and toning up my stomach recently I've been a lot happier with wearing tighter fitting clothing on a daily basis and I am loving the shameless selfies that that comes with! It's only natural right?! The top outfit is of a New Look bodycon, high waisted pencil skirt and a gorgeous AX Paris Lace top (which is very see-through so a little New Look crop had to be added for work!) and the bottom dress is a new favourite of mine from Zaful.com  - such an affordable piece that is just lovely on! I recently wore this on a night out and it's just co comfortable and fitted - I love it! If you have any favourite (affordable) websites where you think i'll be able to find more fitted fashion for everyday wear please let me know in the comments!


Lastly for this life lately, I thought I'd include this picture of me with my copy of ' Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter'. This lady has inspired me so much over the last couple of years and without her and her ever lovely videos and blog posts I don't think I'd be the kind of blogger I am today. Louise Peatland is the kind of girl I relate to in a lot of ways and I am absolutely in love with her life. I haven't ever really gotten star-struck when I've met famous people or celebrities in the past, but Louise is probably one that I would go all gushy over. She's been a massive influence on my life decisions, on my blog decisions and on things that I just do without thinking about every day. I am so unbeliveably proud of her for this book and I cannot wait to get stuck into it. Louise, I doubt you'll be reading this, but in case you happen to stumble across it, well done. I admire you a lot (in such a non-obsessed way, promise) and I so hope I get to meet you one day to chat all girly and ditsy!

I hope you've enjoyed this life lately post! I love doing little catch-up posts like this! Until next time!


INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' 



Share:

4 comments

  1. Your hair is so long! Pretty!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post and all the photos are so pretty!I usually don't read so big posts but i read yours without really notice it...You look like that you have such a nice time!I wish you the rest of the summer to be even better for you ^_^

    xoxo Afrodite ~ BubblyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hamster is so cute! I'm so excited to buy the sprinkle of glitter book I love Louise's videos!

    Check out my latest post <3
    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god your hamster is adorable! Absolutely love your hair and that black dress looks amazing on you

    Sophie x
    www.booksandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig