Saturday 24 September 2016

Becoming part of the Urban Hike with Regatta


One thing I have learnt from living in the countryside and then moving to the city, is that everything is completely different. Don't get me wrong, I knew there would be some big changes in my life when I made the move, but I don't quite think I fully understood how different my life would be. Manchester is a city that I really did quite like and even though I've now moved back to my favourite country place, it's somewhere I actually miss more now that I'm away. However, I think there are a lot of things that I wish I had known when I was living there to make my life a little less chaotic and to make the transition easier for me. One thing that I love most about living in the country is being able to just leave my house and go on a walk with my best friend. To us, when we think 'let's go for a catch up' we usually mean, lets go for a nice 2 hour walk around the fields and talk where nobody can overhear or judge us. Living in the city is so different in that respect. To get any kind of peace and quite you've definitely got to know where you're going and it'll usually take you at least an hour to get anywhere near somewhere like that too. 


Recently I've teamed up with the people at Regatta to tell you about the Urban Hike. For those city folks who can't get out to the country for a ramble, the Urban Hike is a series of Maps around the city centre, enabling you to get out and walk around, regardless of where you are. The Urban Hike Manchester has been designed after the success of last year's Urban Hike for London and is a way of getting you out and about around the city and seeing it in a new way. With interesting facts and new sights you may have never seen before or would usually miss on your commute, it's a way to get you out and keep you healthy without having to go hiking up mountains and getting stuck in the muddy English countryside.

As I haven't been in Manchester since this launched I haven't actually had a chance to explore the Urban Hike map myself, but instead in the spirit of this blog post, I took my niece out for a walk around by my house; as I said, it's not really the same as I do live surrounded by Countryside, but it's still always nice to get out and get some fresh air. We were kindly both gifted these gorgeous coats from Regatta to go walking in and they were most definitely needed on the day we went out as it was quite chilly! I love spending time with my niece as she's at such a good age now for going at and doing activities with. She's such an outdoorsy kinda kid and it's great to go for walks or adventures with her and my sister (and of course the dog) when we can! We have some lovely places near where I live for long walks and it's lovely to get out together. I'm actually also really looking forward to getting back to Manchester soon and hopefully completing the Urban Hike myself, as when I lived there I never really explored the city much, which is something that I hugely regret and I think that this will be the perfect opportunity to learn a bit more about the city! 

You can find both the Manchester and London Urban Hike maps from Regatta here! Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in!




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in the South West.
(*this post may contain items gifted to me for PR purposes*)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig