Monday 12 December 2016

Top 5 Liquid Lipsticks

 

Liquid Lipsticks have become increasingly popular over the last couple of years. With brands such as MAC, Colour POP, Anastasia Beverley Hills, NYX and of course the infamous Kylie Cosmetics launching some of the most popular, us beauty bloggers and makeup fiends alike are just absolutely smitten with Liquid Lips. I was quite late to the bandwagon with this one, I must admit - but as soon as I got hold of my first Kylie Lip Kit I was in love; in love with the idea, the formulation and the way they made my lips look and feel. Over the last year since, I've gathered quite the collection and thought  I'd pick out my top five to show you lovely lot today! 

Up at number one (this is in order of the swatches) is my Kylie Costmetics Liquid Matte Lipstick in Dolce K. Not one that I thought I would like, considering how dark it is, this beauty was one I purchased around about 4 months ago. After falling in love with the first couple of her lip kits that I'd bought, Dolce K was a bit of a risky one for me colour wise, but is now my ultimate favourite liquid lip to reach for. I go for this one almost every day and especially if I'm wearing a matte nude eye as well. The formulation of Kylie's lip kits are like no other and definitely my favourite by far for how they dry and sit on your lips without cracking and feeling overly drying. I feel at my sassiest when I'm wearing this shade and will 100% have to repurchase this one when it finally runs out. 

Numero Dos is actually one of The Body Shop's Matte Lip Liquids in Crete Carnation. The formula for these is quite different from any other liquid lip that I've tried as it's more of a creme consistency than a liquid, but either way, these are really great to wear and so easy to apply. Again, these aren't overly drying on your lips and last a really long time although are also super easy to remove. The colours, are gorgeous as well and even though there are only around 12 shades, there's definitely something for everyone. Crete Carnation makes it to my number two for how easy it is to apply (especially when I'm in a rush for work) and because the nude / peach colour that it has is just perfect for everyday wear. 

At number three on my top 5 is another from Kylie Cosmetics. This is the first lip kit that I purchased and is probably another of her most popular. Candy K is a gorgeous pinky/nude that is so easily wearable for every day use. Again, it's got the same formulation as Dolce K so is super easy to apply, has great longevity and isn't overly drying when applied to my lips. It's a colour that I reach for a lot and is perfect for most makeup looks when I'm wanting an easy nude. 

Penultimately we have this MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour in Red Jade, a really gorgeous blue toned, pinky red that is perfect for a night out. I'm not a massive wearer of a red lip, so when I find something that I really love and is easy to apply, I'm an absolute sucker for it. I bought this in an outlet store near to where I live, so it was a little cheaper than they normally are too which is just an absolute bonus! One of the main reasons I love this lip colour though isn't just because of the dreamy, creamy formula, but is because of the doe foot applicator on the wand. It's shaped in such a way that I get the perfect and easiest application every time that I use it and that's what makes this red stand high above any of my other liquid lipsticks in this kind of colour. A great applicator wins the game every time for me as I am just useless at getting neat application otherwise! 

Last but by no means least is yet another Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit, but this time in a red! Mary Jo K is a beautiful deep pillar box red that is just a classic for me. With what I think is a slightly different formulation to Kylie's other lip kits, I do find this one a little harder to apply, but over all  the colour just wins it of me. I love a deep / dark red apposed to a true red and choose this most evenings when I'm wanting a striking statement colour to wear, but unfortunately the longevity of it and how hard it is to apply means it's at the end of my top 5. I find that with this one you have to apply such a thin coating to your lips for it to stay nice all evening. If you apply it any other way it tends to go quite patchy and I've had occasions where it's also started to flake off of my lips which is definitely not ideal! 

What are your favourite liquid lipstick shades or brands? Do you have any recommendations for me to try out?




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in the South West and London.
(*this post may contain items gifted to me for PR purposes*)
*I work for the Body Shop but all reviews or opinions are my own*
Share:
© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig