Sunday 17 July 2016

5 Ways to Unwind This Summer


If you know me, you will know that I am the worlds biggest worrier. I worry about everything; from feeling physically sick at the idea of finding somewhere to park in a new place to just worrying about what we'll have for tea that night. I literally beg Jordan to go to Aldi if we don't have anything planned for that weeks meals and 'no' food in. I am terrible! I'm also terrible at relaxing and unwinding, hence the need for this blog post, to not only give you lovely lot my top 5 tips and tricks but for me, to get it into my head that I need to relax more! 

1 - Just turn off all tech! Now, this is one of those 'do as I say, not as I do' kinda things because I tell you now, this is not something that I can easily do at all! At a certain time of the evening, put away the phones, iPads and laptops, turn off the tv and just read a book or something. Chill out your brain before bed and you will have a much better sleep! I have been trying to do this myself over the past couple of evenings (the reading thing that is, I'm still struggling with turning off my phone) and I have been finding it so much easier to wake up that little bit earlier than I normally would if I'm up till god only knows what time watching sh*t tv!

2 - Get out!! There's nothing I like more when the sun is shining to just get out of the house and enjoy it. Nothing helps me to relax more than getting out and sitting in the sun with a good book, or taking a walk around the countryside (or as of recently a lovely National Trust house). There's something so peaceful about being outside when there's nice weather and it definitely helps me unwind. I think removing yourself from the stresses of everyday life and taking yourself outside and just enjoying your surroundings is so underrated too as it's completely free!

3 - Treat yourself to a pamper. If there's one way I like to unwind the most it definitely has to be by treating myself to a pamper. Whether that's keeping it low-cost at home with a face mask, painting my nails and deep conditioning my hair or paying a little extra to be pampered at a salon, it doesn't really matter. Pampering yourself and taking a little time out to yourself is one of the best ways to chill out. Day spas like Urban Retreat at Harrods  are the perfect way to escape and indulge in something you wouldn't usually do. Treat yourself to a blow dry, a facial or even one of their special Hammam treatments and completely relax in a tranquil environment. Day spas (or what the hell, even a weekend away) with a friend are always a great way to forget all of your other issues and just focus on you! I'm definitely going to be taking my Mum to one soon!

4 - Spend time with your family. Now that I live away from home, nothing lets me unwind more than being in the company of my parents. As you can see from the photo above, me and mum get on so well and whenever I'm feeling down I just want to give her a cuddle. De-stressing for me is just being around my parents or even my nan and granddad!  

5 - Go shopping!! Of course, I am not at all advising you to spend all of your money (unless of course you want to buy me something too) but shopping a little when you're stressed always relieves it for a little while. Here is where I want to point out that shopping does not however solve all of your problems on a permanent basis! Believe me, I've tried it before and no matter how many cute dresses and pairs of sunglasses you buy, you will not find the answer to your problems. Shopping is however, one of the things I find most relaxing, and is something that I will always recommend as a quick fix! 

What are your top tips for unwinding and relaxing through the summer months? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in Manchester

(*This post has been in collaboration with Urban Retreat Day Spa)
Share:

3 comments

  1. I agree with everything. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post...I agreed with you on the last one....shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post...I agreed with you on the last one....shopping!!

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig