Friday 15 July 2016

Going one shade Darker with John Frieda


My hair has been something of a task and half recently and I'm still not completely happy with it. If you remember, around November time I had my hair cut a lot shorter and dyed Ombré and since then I've been battling with getting either end of my hair the exact shade that I've wanted. My blonde is not blonde enough and my brunette is not brunette enough! That was, until, John Frieda came up with the best Shampoo and Conditioner combination that I've seen in quite a while! The new John Frieda Visibly Deeper Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner have been all I've been reaching for recently (for the top of my head at least). At first I was really sceptical that this would work, but considering I use purple shampoo and conditioner for the ends of my hair, I was definitely up for giving them a go - John Frieda have never disappointed me in the past.

Disappoint they did not! I have been washing my hair around 3 times a week (I like to wash my hair around every other day, but longer if I can) and 2/3 times I have been using these shampoo and conditioners all over the top half of my hair to try and deepen my natural brunette. To my surprise, I have actually noticed that my hair has been slightly darkening with each wash. It's been quite subtle, but has definitely been noticeable to me and I've been really happy with the results. John Frieda have also released a Colour Deepening Treatment within this range too and I've also been using this once a week instead of using the conditioner. I have been applying the Visibly Deeper shampoo as normal and then applying the Colour Deepening Treatment all over the top of my hair for a once a week soak. I really like the formula of this, I feel like you can really tell that it has some sort of dying properties inside it as the product is really brown and does appear like a hair dye. I leave this on for around 5 minutes for the product to absorb and then rinse out like I would my normal conditioner. I definitely see an extra boost in colour after using this treatment and really love the colour it takes me to. Considering I was thinking of spending another £100 or so to get my hair re-dyed the colour I originally wanted, I'm really glad that I received these products first and haven't wasted my money. For a fraction of the price (around £5-£7 each) these have totally been such a better way to get the slightly deeper colour I've wanted for the last 7 months. It's been such an easier process to incorporate into my usual hair care routine than some in-depth colouring process and that just makes me so happy  because I am such a lazy girl at heart!

The clever eggs at John Frieda have also released Visibly Brighter Brunette and Go Blonder Lightening ranges too which means there's almost a range for everyone. I'm actually thinking of picking myself up the Go Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner too to try and sort out the ombré section of my hair; if the results of the visibly deeper brunette are anything to go by then I'm hoping for good things with this range too! Let me know in the comments if this is the kind of the thing that you'd be looking to use in the future, it would be interesting to see what your thoughts are on a project like this!




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in Manchester

(*This post may contain items that have been gifted for PR Purposes)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig