Tuesday 22 November 2016

High End Products I Regret Buying


Being a beauty obsessive there are times where my heart gets the better of me and I don't listen to my head and reason. These times usually result in me buying pretty makeup that I don't always end up wearing. As I've recently been rummaging through my collection and sorting through my makeup to try and cut down on my hoard, I've come across a lot of items that I probably shouldn't have bought and so I thought I'd share those with you today in a 'products I regret buying' post. Of course, being me and having the disposable income that I've had over the past couple of years all of these products are high end and so that makes this even more painful to tell you that I haven't actually used many of these products. 

First up is this MAC Blusher in Immortal Flower, a really lovely corally pink blush that in all honesty I have used about twice. It doesn't even look like it's been used. As you will probably find its a running theme in this post, I bought it for the sake of buying it I think. I am not really a blusher fan and don't really wear it at all and this colour, although a really nice subtle colour, is just a little too pink for me. This was £18.50 and I'd say I've probably had around 20p's worth of use out of it! The next blusher I regret buying is NARS Orgasm. A coveted favourite for so many and one that is absolutely gorgeous no matter whether your a fan of pink or not, but again I bought it when the hype for it was as it's highest and I've only worn it a handful of times since. It's absolutely stunning but I just never reach for it. Last but not least on the blush side of things I have the most heart breaking product. This Chanel Blusher, which cost me a whopping £31 has been used all of two times. Again, it's a blusher, so I don't tend to wear them anyway, (I really should stop buying blushers) but it's also in a orangey/coral colour that just does not suit me, no matter how beautiful it is. It was definitely something I purchased because it was Chanel and for no other reason I think - no wonder I'm on a spending ban now! 

Next up we have a selection of lipsticks. Like many girls / beauty bloggers I am a bit of an obsessive when it comes to pretty lipsticks. Most recently I've had a massive clear out of at least half of my MAC lipsticks, but now I'm moving on to the more expensive of my collection. Firstly again we have something from Chanel, this Rouge Coco Lipstick in the shade 'Loused 400' is absolutely stunning and such a beautiful nude, but for me it's just a little too sheer. I must be honest, when I bought this one, I did feel a little pressured from the lady on the Chanel counter because I had spent forever having my makeup done by her; I felt like I kind of owed her a sale with the amount of time she had spent with me. I know that's not how it's supposed to be, but regardless I chose this lipstick as one I thought I might wear and paid for it. It's a gorgeous nude colour and completely up my street but unfortunately it is just too sheer, it doesn't have the colour pay off I was expecting and for a brand as big as Chanel I kind of expected a little more. In all honesty it's put me off purchasing another from them as I don't love this formula (even though I know all of their formulas aren't going to be the same) which is kind of disappointing, but it guess will save me money in the future! Next from the products I regret buying is this Kylie Lip Kit in Posie K. The one in the photo above isn't actually Posie, I think that one is Koko, but as I've already given Posie away to my friend, I just popped this one in to fill the gap. I have around 7/8 of Kylie's Lip Kits, and I've loved every single one that I've bought. If you've read my review here, you'll know that I love the pigmentation and the colours are absolutely beautiful and for a liquid lipstick they've got one of the best formulas around (in my opinion). They're stunning and such a great product but unfortunately Posie K just doesn't suit me. It's a shame that you can't really swatch them yourselves before you buy like you can with lipsticks in Boots, because I definitely would not have picked this one up for the price including shipping and customs - but either way, it now has a lovely new home and suits the new owner way more than it did me. Last but not least we have a Dior Lipstick in a really lovely coral pink colour. Again it's absolutely stunning and the pigmentation and formula of the lipstick is beautiful, but it just doesn't suit me. I don't know what it is with me impulse buying products that are the wrong colour for me, but clearly I'm kind of good at it. This lipstick had quite a hefty price tag on it being from Dior and I just have not got the wear out of it. I think If I'd bought any of these products in the right colour for my skin tone then I'd be so happy and wouldn't even have to be writing this post, but that's what you get from putting pretty things over logic I guess!

Writing this post has definitely made me realise how much I need to start thinking properly before I make more expensive purchases. I'm such an impulse buyer and it really needs to stop because I just end up with products that I don't get the use out of. Don't get me wrong, the rest of these products, like the Kylie Lip Kit, will be being re-homed shortly and won't just sit sad in my makeup drawers, but it has for sure made me think twice before buying new makeup. The phrase 'do I really need it' is often played around in my mind now and has been making me make much wiser makeup choices. Have you made any random purchases that you regret recently or do you have any items like this that need to be re-homed because you bought the wrong colour? I'd love to know in the comments!




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in the South West and London.
(*this post may contain items gifted to me for PR purposes*)


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig