Thursday 17 November 2016

Rimmel Only 1 matte Lipsticks Review



When it comes to lipsticks, I think it's a very well known fact that I have far more than the average person let alone blogger, but yet again, here we are with another lipstick review post. This time the lipsticks are from none other than Rimmel London from their new range 'Only 1 Matte' lipsticks. I was very generously sent all nine of the new shades recently and I have been dying to get these photographed ever since they dropped through my letter box - total blogger problems having to wait until you have time to photograph them until you can use them! For a matte lipstick, as you'd expect, I was expecting these to be a little dry and hard to wear (I don't ever have great experiences with matte lipsticks) but Rimmel have definitely done their research when creating these bad boys because they are anything but! When I was swatching these for the photos above (as always, my first time in trying out a lipstick) I was extremely surprised to find them to be super creamy and really easy to apply. I achieved the swatches above with one quick swoop of the lipstick across my arm, something that I never would expect from a matte shade. Of course, once I'd noticed this, I had to get one on my lips straight away and so I chose the brightest red I could (Call the Shots) and applied it straight from the bullet to my lips. Again, I found it to be super easy to apply, even with the flat applicator (which I never usually get on with) and really loved how creamy it felt on my lips. Usually, Matte lipsticks are extremely drying and quite difficult to apply due to achieving that perfect matte finish, so it's been really nice to have the moisturising feel of these ones as a new alternative! The colours themselves are absolutely stunning too. As a massive fan of nude shades, you can probably understand why the four in my first photo are my favourites from this collection. My overall fave though has to be number 700 as it's the spitting image of MAC's Velvet Teddy and the perfect high street dupe! I also love the  slightly burgundy shade 'The Matt Factor' as its just perfect for the autumn / winter. Rimmel London have really surprised me with this latest release and I'm so happy that I've been able to try all of the new shades. There isn't really anything bad that I can say about them aside from the fact that they're not quite as long lasting as I would have hoped since they're matte - but I guess that's the price we have to pay for an extra creamy finish! Have you tried the new Only 1 Mattes yet? What's been your favourite shade?




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in the South West and London.
(*this post may contain items gifted to me for PR purposes*)


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig