Monday 6 February 2017

Holy Grail Clarins Products



Over the course of the last couple of years I've had the opportunity as a blogger to play around with a lot of different brands; makeup, skincare and of course there has been products that I've just fallen head over heels for. In particular there have been certain brands that I've fallen head over heels for and so for the next couple of months, I thought I would share some of those with you along with my 'holy grail' products from each brand. Kicking off this  new series of blog posts is one of my all time favourites, Clarins. I've been incredibly lucky to be able to work with Clarins quite a lot over the past few years and have been able to trial a lot of their products as they're released, but as always when you have a favrouite brand, there are always those certain products you go back to time and time again.

My first 'holy grail', product is the Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base, an eyeshadow primer that I just cannot go a day without using. For a 10ml tube and at a price of £22, it can seem quite daunting at first, but this little gem never seems to fail me. This is my second tube of this now and I'm just as in love with it as I was when I first received it a little under two years ago. 10ml may not seem a lot for such a hefty price tag, but believe me when I say a little really goes a long way with this one. The creamy nude tone makes for such a great eyeshadow base to help keep your shadows in place longer, more pigmented and much more crease-free than if you were to just apply them on their own. Whenever I use this (which is basically every time I wear eyeshadow) my eyes always seem to 'pop' just that little bit more than when I don't use my primer.

My number two 'Holy Grail' product from Clarins has to be the Supra Volume Mascara in Black. Always a part of my makeup routine, this bad boy enhances my lashes 10x more than most other mascaras that I've tried. The gorgeous brush makes application so smooth and mess-free that it's literally a dream to work with every day and the bristles are the perfect kind of applicator for me - I am not a girl for the plastic wand! I feel like this mascara just gives me so much volume, colour and length to them without even really trying and that's exactly what I look for in a product like this. I can see such amazing results with just one wave of the wand and it's just an effortless look that I'm obsessed with. Literally, this mascara can do no wrong!

The third magical product that I love is the Instant Light Lip Perfecting Base and especially around Winter! My lips are always so dry and chapped and this beauty helps sort them right out when it comes to priming my lips before applying any other product. Having dry lips when you want to apply a liquid lipstick is not ideal and after a quick scrub with my Lush Bubblegum lip scrub, this bad boy sorts them out and leaves them slick, smooth and hydrated ready for a colour that is then going to last - and best of all, not hug the dry skin! At £18 it's not cheap, but it is definitely worth the money in my books, especially if you like your lips to be baby soft and your lip products to stay put. 

Holy Grail number four is the last of my makeup favourites, but also probably the newest to my collection. The BB Skin Detox Fluid is a new favourite of mine for a gorgeous coverage on days where I just want a 'quick fix'. It's super smooth and more of a gel-like formulation than your standard BB or liquid foundation and I just find that it works perfectly for the days where I can't quite be bothered. Having not really been a fan of BB creams in the past, as always, Clarins have completely swayed me and made me fall in love with one. I love to apply this with a wet Beauty Blender (as I do with all of my foundations) or just with my fingers when I haven't got much time. I know what you're thinking - 'your fingers?!', but this product blends so nicely even with the heat of my little sausages and for a two minute job when your in a rush, it glides on perfectly for a flawless finish. I love popping this on for work as I know I'm covered all day and for nights out as the longevity is just fabulous, it really does not go anywhere! The dewy finish is also perfect for the kind of everyday look that I love. 

First up on the skincare is the Clarins Multi-Active, a daily moisturiser for all skin types. At £42 for 50ml, it's not going to be everyones cup of tea straight off the bat, but this little pot does absolute wonders for making me feel fresh and keeping my skin feeling revitalised. Designed with technology powered by plant extracts this moisturising cream leaves the skin looking radiant and also helps with early signs of ageing and stress - something I'm definitely starting to need if I'm wanting to stay looking this youthful forever! It's a beautiful cream for every day and not too thick that it makes it a pain to apply before makeup. It's one I've had in my routine ever since it was released last year and one that I'll keep using for months if not years to come. 

Lastly for my Holy Grail products, I've decided to pop a suggestion in from my Mum. I first gave her this product for Mothers day in 2015 and she's begged me for it time and time again ever since. The Clarins Double Serum is a 'complete age control concentrate' that uses a two-phase system to target ageing, combatting wrinkles and pores alongside leaving a radiant looking, even complexion. My Mum loves this as a daily serum and says that she feels refreshed after applying it to her skin; I love that she really sees a difference when using this and I couldn't really post a holy grails without including something that she loves too! 

Let me know in the comments if there are any must-have products from Clarins that you think I should try out. I'm a massive fan of Clarins (if you haven't already guessed), but there's always those couple of undiscovered products that I probably haven't tried yet! I hope you've enjoyed this post and I'll be back soon with another beauty post and another new Clarins product too!




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in the South West and London.
(*this post may contain items gifted to me for PR purposes*)


Share:
© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig