Wednesday 5 July 2017

KISS ImPress One-Touch Gel Nails Review


For many years I was far too lazy to do anything with my nails. I didn't file them regularly, I barely ever painted them and I'm ashamed to say, I was a biter. When my nails aren't looking their best and 'prettified' as I like to call them, I'm an absolute menace when it comes to nibbling them down to nothing. I never looked after my hands and nails properly and just couldn't be bothered with the faff of doing them. If you haven't gathered through reading my posts before, I'm not the most patient person in the world.

When I moved to Manchester and started taking more pride in my appearance (after being a little pushed into looking a certain way by my then boyfriend) I began getting my nails done at a Chinese salon. I had acrylics applied every four weeks for the majority of the year that I lived there and absolutely loved the way they looked. It was an expensive hobby and one that completely ruined my nails but the way that they looked and the way that I felt wearing them was worth it to me. 

When I moved back to Wiltshire and had quit my job I had my acrylics taken off and tried to work with the nails I had left. Long story short, they were papery and frail and looked horrible. I used so many nail strengthening products to try and get them back to life but after a few months, gave up and went back to biting them again. That was until my sister-in-law Emily started applying gel to them at home for me and I loved the way they looked again. After a few weeks of Emily painting them for me, I finally got my own kit and started gelling them myself, I loved the way they looked and they lasted so much longer than normal nail polish (which I have never been bothered with as it takes FAR too long to dry). With application taking barely any time and with them being good to go from the moment you wipe finishing product over them, gel was my go-to for everyday nails that lasted, but they just still weren't as pretty as my acrylics. I will have a post up soon on how I gel them myself though so please do let me know if you'd be interested in seeing that! 


I was introduced to Kiss ImPress nails a few weeks ago when I was very kindly sent a PR package with a couple of packets in. Having never been a fan of false nails at home, I pushed them to one side and didn't really give them much attention. Until of course I was bored one day and just had to have a play around. Turns out the ImPress nails (which are now endorsed by Pixie Lott) are one-touch application nails that don't require any glue or lengthy removal method, they basically press on and are ready to go!

I fell in love instantly with the designs and how easy they were to apply; for a day or two's wear, they're pretty spectacular. Obviously, being just 'stick on' they don't last long at all but for a special occasion they're just perfect! I did have higher hopes for how long these would last and being quite lazy, having to re-do my nails every couple of days is just a bit too much for me, but with these being instantly gorgeous and instantly party ready (or blog photo ready) they're pretty ideal. To apply these you prep your nails by filing and wiping over with the included prep wipe and then simply match up the correct size nails, peel back the film and firmly stick into place. That's it. That's all it takes to have beautiful nails with these. I was completely surprised by how simple they were and how well they lasted for the two days I've so far worn each set. You probably could get a bit more out of them, but by this time they usually start catching in my hair and on things and I'd honestly just have a day or two out of them than have this! They're not ideal if you're looking for a week long stint from your manicure but for a weekend, a night out or special occasion, these are fantastic. They stay on incredibly well, are pretty resilient with what they can handle and are some of the best stick on nails I've tried!

You can pick up your Kiss imPress nails online.
The beautiful Ring by Moonstonemagic.com featured in these photos can also be found online!




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in the South West and London.
(*this post may contain items gifted to me for PR purposes*)

Share:

2 comments

  1. I love these kind of nails when I just have a quick event to go to. These sound fab and are such a pretty design!xx

    Lucy | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really great for a one night thing - I've kept mine aside for events too! x

      Delete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig