Friday 24 October 2014

The 5 Product Face | Day to Night

It can be hard being a girl. There's always the issue of having too much makeup to choose from when we go on our many travels or just staying over at someone else's house. I know that I always have the question of, 'Would it be rude to take all of my makeup to Beth's house?' or 'Would it look like I'm moving in if I leave a second blusher and Mascara at my boyfriends?'. What us girls need is an essentials bag. It's taken me a while to narrow down my many many makeup products to just think of a couple that I could work with on a daily basis, but I think I've cracked it!


I was challenged recently to come up with a '5 product face', as you can tell by the title of this blog post. My challenge was, not only to think of a day time look with these 5 products, but to be able to use these 5 products to transfer it into an evening look too. 




Day:


A simple sweep of  BareMinerals 'warmth' bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks and in the standard '3' shape along the outline of the face for a healthy glow.
A light dusting of NARS 'Orgasm' Blusher on the apples of the cheeks.
A light covering of 'Frisk' from Urban Decay's Naked Basics 2 palette over the eye lids and 'skimp' on the inner corner of the eye.
A thin line of Benefit's They're Real Liner with no cat-eye flick!                                                     A light coat of MAC's Viva Glam 1 lipstick for a slight coverage / no lipstick!


Night:


A slightly heavier handed touch of 'Warmth' bronzer by BareMinerals, not to look orange though!
A dusting of NARS 'Orgasm' Blusher on the apples of the cheeks, sweeping back to the edge of the temples.
A base coat of 'Cover' from the UD Naked Basics 2 Palette, with 'Skimp' on the inner corner of the eyes and 'Primal' packed on to the outer corner and part way through the crease for a 'smokey' effect.
A thick slick of They're Real Liner with a defined cat eye flick.
A defined layer of MAC's Viva Glam 1 lipstick for a bold lip. 




What would you use as your 5 products? 

Would you be able to stick to just 5 products for your 'essentials' for a day to night look?


Share:

3 comments

  1. OMG! I so like the Naked 2 palette.
    It is amazing for day time make up :)
    Do add me via GFC, G+ and Bloglovin.
    Do let me know I will add you right back :)
    http://www.naomiganzu.com/2014/10/the-one-volume-blast-mascara-review-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely great picks although I don't own any naked pallettes which is SO bad xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd use a light coverage foundation (maybe a sheer layer of Rimmel's Wake Me Up), Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette, Benefit's They're Real Mascara, e.l.f.s black cream eyeliner (it's only 3 dollars and the best eyeliner I have ever used) and MAC's velvet Teddy lippie (Could do a smoky eye at night with a nude lip. No I could not just stick to 5 products

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig