Wednesday 27 January 2016

Drugstore Makeup Look Ft Collection


 I have been trying to up my contour game for quiet some time now. A couple of months ago I paid to go on a 'Makeup Masterclass' in a studio in Manchester and for three hours I learnt the Do's and Don't's of bronzing and highlighting until you couldn't see me for makeup. Practicing with different makeup is now one of my favourite past times and so when this bundle of Collection goodies arrived for me I was very excited. I've only ever heard good things about Collection and being a massive fan of the Lasting Perfection Concealer myself I almost couldn't wait to photograph these before I had a play around. I want to start first about talking about my favourite of the three palettes, the gorgeous Blush & Glow Palette*. I have quite rapidly fallen in love with this quad and the bronzer is now my everyday go-to, it's quiet possibly a little too dark for me so I've got to be light handed with it, but when I have a tan this will definitely be the perfect shade. I've loved working with it and love how easy the powder is to blend especially into my liquid foundations as I often find that a lot of other powders can turn out cakey. The highlighter in this quad is also another utter gem, it's perfectly shimmery and picks up the light really nicely along my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. It's actually pretty similar to my fave MAC highlighter and I really like the fact that it comes in a palette with the bronzer and two blushes, perfect for travelling!

The Conceal and Light Like a Pro Palette* is something that I like a lot more than I thought I would. I've always been a bit sceptical when it came to concealer palettes but this one is better than I ever thought it would be. The different shades of nude concealer work really well to cover my blemishes and the colour correcting shades are an absolute Godsend to disguise my late nights and red patches! I've admitted it a lot in the past by saying that I 100% am a massive makeup snob but honestly these concealers are actually pretty damn good. I take back what I've ever said about cheaper makeup not being of as good a quality, well done Collection, you've changed my mind!

Last but not least I was also generously sent the Face The Day Palette* an all-in-one palette that is perfect if you're going on an over night stay somewhere. Not only does this palette include a Bronzer, Highlighter and Blusher but it also plays host to four gorgeously nude eye shadows. Although I wouldn't say the lighter shades are the most pigmented out there, they are really lovely to blend and build up. The darker brown shade really steals the show for me in this palette though and is perfect for adding some smokey attitude to a simple eye look. I love the look that I created for the photos above and even though this palette isn't  bursting with diversity it definitely is the ideal palette for easy packing on trips away. You've got everything in one place and can create a dramatic eye as well as an understated taupe base. I also love that these eye shadows are shimmery; Shimmer is such a go-to for me when I want an easy eye as I think it can add more definition to an entire look than a matte shadow can. I really like this palette and for £6.99 you can't really go wrong! 

I've been majorly impressed by these palettes from Collection and really want to get my hands on some more pieces now to see how the rest of the line compares. I think this is definitely a bit of a learning curve for me as clearly more affordable makeup is clearly just as good as the high end stuff - or at least in the case of Collection Cosmetics it is! 







Share:

1 comment

  1. I've bought these palettes recently and I quite like them, too! :)

    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig