Wednesday 29 April 2015

Beauty | Clarins Aquatic Treasures Summer Collection*


I think a lot of you will know that I am a huge Clarins fan. I absolutely adore their products and their new Aquatic Treasures Summer Collection is no exception to that fact! With Summer approaching, Clarins' new collection is perfect for those hot, humid days and is just absolutely beautiful too. Summer is the time for light, waterproof makeup and Clarins has definitely delivered on that basis here.

Clarins Limited Edition Aquatic Treasures Summer Bronzing Compact* | £30 | Link

This gorgeous bronzing compact is perfect for a summer tan; with a blend of four matte shades this palette is the perfect companion for a summer glow. Perfect for all skin tones due to the four shades (ranging from beige to terracotta) Clarins have got it spot on once again. I've been using the top two shades mostly as these are lighter toned and blend really nicely into my pale skin, however when I have applied a fake tan, the bottom two work perfectly to enhance my contour. I apply this just as I would any other bronzer, under my cheek bones and in the hollows of my cheeks and a quick dusting on my temples and under my chin for a chiselled look. I've been really impressed by the formula of this bronzer and love how soft and creamy the powder is; it's got a great lasting power and has quickly become my favourite bronzer, even beating my coveted Nars Laguna! I also adore the packaging for this product and the embossed marine motif on the powder itself, it's such a cute extra!


Clarins Limited Edition Ombre Iridescent Shadow* | £19 | Link

For me, Clarins singular eye shadows have to be a go-to. I was kindly sent some neutral shades last year and they have been an every day staple ever since. The cream to powder formulation is spot on and they are so well pigmented that it's difficult not to love them. For their new Summer 2015 collection they have released two new Iridescent shades in fitting with the aquatic theme and they definitely live up to the mark. I was sent Aquatic Grey* to try out, a lovely blue-grey with an (you guessed it) iridescent finish to it. It's a gorgeous colour to use in the outer corner of your eye for a bold look or equally perfect to blend lightly into the crease to add to a smokey eye. I'm loving this shade and am eager to get hold of the other in the collection 'Aquatic Rose'.

Clarins Truly Waterproof Mascara* | £21.50 | Link

Waterproof Mascara is a love-hate thing with me, I hate that it's difficult to get off, but I usually love the results that it gives to the lashes, In this case, Clarins have won me over with their Truly Waterproof Mascara in that it's a lot easier than most to get off. I'll admit, I do still wake up some mornings with flecks of it left on (usually in the corners of my eyes), however the majority of it has gone, which is almost unheard of for me and waterproof mascara. It gives a really great length and adds a lot of volume to my (already quite long) lashes. With a mascara, I always look for the most natural, yet enhanced finish with a mascara and I think this Truly Waterproof edition fro Clarins is up there with some of my favourites now. I'm not a fan of the clumpy, over-worked look and there's definitely none of this with this beautiful product.



Clarins Fix Makeup* | £23 | Link

To me, this is the best thing for the summer. I am always needing something to set my makeup in the summer months; no matter how waterproof or 'sweat resistant' makeup claims to be nowadays, a good primer and setting spray is always needed. Usually - and I'm not ashamed to say it - I set my makeup with a hairspray. Not my best idea health wise probably, but it really does work, so finding a setting spray that cools you and is a lot better for you and sets your makeup, is always a goal for me. Fix Makeup is such a lovely cooling spray that supposedly sets your makeup for the day. I don't think I've yet used this on a day hot enough to trial it properly, but at the moment I'm loving using it just as I've finished my makeup to give it a helping hand. I think I'll probably start carrying this with me on the hotter days as it is such a lovely cooling spray that doesn't ruin your makeup like a normal spritz of water does! The only thing I think that I'm not too keen on with this product is the packaging, it's a gorgeous pink frosted glass bottle which is really pretty to stand on your dressing table, however for someone like me wanting to travel around with it in my handbag, I think a plastic bottle would be a little more practical.



I am always really impressed when Clarins brings out new collections and this Summer Aquatic Treasures collection is no different to that. I'm always eager to see what else they're bringing out and cannot wait for their next collection. Have you ever tried Clarins before? What pieces are you most interested in trying? Let me know in the comments below!


INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' 




Share:

6 comments

  1. That bronzer is beautiful! I've never tried any Clarins products, but I'm really interested in trying them now!

    dyannedavid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the clarins bronzer every year, one day I will get one haha! x

    http://www.coleoftheball.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bronzer looks so luxurious. Love it. xx
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bronzer looks amazing, love the patterns on it! I haven't tried anything from Clarins before xx

    Through New Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clarins always does really well with their collections, don't they? They are so beautiful! I really want to try their single eyeshadows...
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig