Wednesday 6 May 2015

Beauty | MAC Favourites

Before I began blogging I was honestly a bit of a makeup newbie; I posted about my new Barry M nail polishes and my first experiences of Real Technique makeup brushes and I had never even entertained the thought of buying a MAC product. Then we turn today and look at the woman / beauty blogger that I have become and look at my ever expanding beauty stash and it's a wonder how I've become this obsessed quite so quickly. Regardless of that, along the way I've picked up some gorgeous makeup pieces and especially within MAC so today I thought I'd show you all my top 5 favourite MAC products right now.


MAC Pro Palette in Warm Neutral | £65 | Link

This is a palette that I had been lusting over for quite some time and was planning on purchasing when a friend received their MAC beauty student discount, but when I was recently on a work trip to Glasgow I hit up World Duty Free at the Airport and managed to buy this beauty at a steal price of £54. I know a lot of you are thinking that I surely don't need yet another eyeshadow palette, I mean, who would when they have all 3 Naked Palettes, both Naked Basics, a MAC quad and a new Stila palette, but if you're an obsessive like me, you'll understand. This Warm Neutrals palette has all of the gorgeous shades required for the perfect smokey eye - I absolutely love shades: 1 - Hey, 2 - Gingersnap, 3 - Amber Lights, 4 - Lemon Tart, 5 - Devine Decadence and 6 - Dark Brew (shown in the photos below). They create such a lovely look blended on the eye and it's definitely become my staple look since buying this palette. It has got to be my most prized MAC possession!



MAC Prep + Prime Highlight in Radiant Rose | £18.50 | Link

I have to say that this one was a naughty spontaneous purchase buy (when aren't my purchases), I'd been eyeing up the YSL Touché Éclat for some time previous and decided to take the plunge with this MAC version to try first. I fell in love with it and now use it everyday to highlight my face under my eyes, on my forehead and down my nose and chin. Inevitably during my stint at the Airport I ended up buying the YSL highlight, but besides that, I think for ease of use I actually prefer the MAC Prep + Prime (the twisty bottom instead of the push button is so much more ideal). I really love how this instantly brightens up certain areas of my face and lasts a really long tim - I get sick and tired of my highlights never really lasting that long and this one definitely does a perfect job of staying put!

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Lightscapade | £23 | Link

I fell in love with this powder as soon as I set my eyes on it. I've also got Mineralise Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle and not even that cult product can compare to my love for Lightscapade. Having a multitude of soft colours mixed throughout, this powder also has a multi-dimensional shimmer to it creating the most perfect translucent highlighter out there (in my opinion of course). I absolutely love how it effortlessly emphasises the natural glow in my skin and manages to blend easily too. On top of the Prep and Prime Liquid Highlight (above) this works so well and is my new favourite highlight combo!



MAC Lipsticks in Velvet Teddy and  Viva Glam Miley | £15.50 | Link - Link

Velvet Teddy has been a coveted lipstick in the MAC world ever since Kylie Jenner pouted those lips of her and made the announcement that this was the famous shade she was wearing. After a couple of weeks of endlessly searching myself, my beaut of a best friend Abbee handed me hers (relatively unused) as it didn't suit her - such a total babe!  Ever since, it's been an absolute favourite of mine and  I wear it almost every day! The second fave is the most vibrant of my stash; Viva Glam Miley. I wrote a review here about this lipstick if you want to see how much I love it in a little more detail, but for a girl that has rarely liked bright lipsticks, this is one that I've really taken too.




So there we have it! My top 5 favourite MAC products - do you share any of these with me? What would you say your favourite MAC products are? I could always do with a couple more recommendations in the comments for my next shopping spree!


INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' 



Share:

8 comments

  1. Gosh, those products all look amazing! I wish I even had the courage to go into Mac! The palette looks lovely, but I really like the look of the powder. Hopefully your collection will continue to grow! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get my hands on Velvet Teddy and Lightscapade, they are so gorgeous! xx

    Gemma Louise | Just Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to get Soft and Gentle since it is SUCH a hyped about product but for some reason every time I decide to go purchase it something stops me. I think I have to check out Lightscapade as well when I visit MAC next time :) xx

    Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need a MSF in my life, I love my crew highlighter from MAC but it's not as much of a WOW factor as the MSF's !
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat picks :) i have yet to try out some Mac.

    Kiran's Beauty Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been after Velvet Teddy since the Kylie Jenner rush, and I definitely need to finally buy it come payday! The Prep + Prime Highlighter also looks lovely.

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The palette looks amazing! So many beautiful shades (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the viva glam lipstick! The eye shadow palette is amazing but pricey :/

    http://laapetitemademoiselle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig