Wednesday 13 May 2015

Beauty | My Skincare Routine

Skincare has become more of a 'thing' in my routine over the last couple of months. It's not something that I've ever liked to skip out on but I think before I began reading up on all of the different benefits and products I was very lazy with my 'routine', if you could actually call it that. The first thing I ditched when it came to it were the makeup wipes; yeah, they get rid of 90% of your makeup but what good are they actually doing for your skin? In sight of this I changed up the whole of my mindset when it comes to my skincare and because of that I'm now carrying around all of the below for my everyday routine when I go on my work travels!



The first step to my routine is using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water with a cotton pad to remove all of my makeup. There's been a lot of hype around cleansing waters recently and I have to completely agree with the majority of makeup lovers and say that this Garnier one is so far the best of the bunch. It works effortlessly to remove all of my makeup including waterproof mascara, which is always a plus in my books. The REN Evercalm Cleansing Milk is next on my list; I use this with my Magnitone Lucid* to really dig deep into my pores and cleanse my skin of  all the crap that builds up everyday. It gives such a great clean and ever since I began using it I've felt such a difference in my skin. I actually picked this up in a TK Maxx near to me for £9.99 and it's the best thing I think I've purchased in the skincare department recently. You can find my Magnitone review here to read more on why I'm loving this electronic cleansing brush too. Next on my list is the Clarins Toning Lotion, a favourite of mine for toning my skin. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and also  smells amazing!I was first sent this for review last year, but after finishing that bottle I purchased another as this stuff truly is that good. All 3 products here really work well together to keep my blemishes at bay and I've really been loving ensuring I complete my skincare routine and not skipping out on it.


For a weekly extra cleanse I also like to apply a face mask (If I remember, It's not always a weekly thing I must admit). For the last couple of weeks I've been using the Yes to Cucumber Sensitive Skin mask which I also bought from TK Maxx for about £4 (my TK Maxx has been getting so much better recently). This mask is so cooling and so lovely on my skin and as it's designed for sensitive skin it's not too abrasive at all and has done wonders for keeping my pores unclogged and my face clear. Lastly in my skincare routine I moisturise. For the last couple of months I've been using the Origins GinZing Moisturiser before bed, it's amazing for cooling and soothing my skin before bed after toning however I have found that it wakes me up a little more than it should when I'm ready for bed. As an Energising moisturiser it definitely works, but as a night time moisture, it probably wasn't my best idea. I've now changed this to my morning moisturiser, ready to wake me up and have purchased the Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins (all in all not totally sure what that means but it's got to be for night time right?). For the last couple of nights I've been using this and loving the more waxy, balm-like texture and really love the deep moisture that it's giving to my skin!



What do you have as a staple within your skincare routine? Do you have amy must haves??

INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' 




Share:

5 comments

  1. I am really interesting in getting a magnitone. They seem to be really great products :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently been getting more into skincare as well, great post!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Garnier's Micellar water - so affordable and it really does the job! Really want to try out the Magnitone - sounds promising! Great products =)

    A few of my must haves are Clinique's moisturising gel and Decleor's aroma cleanse!

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Garnier Micellar Water, it's so amazing! Plus, it's so inexpensive too which is fab. I cannot believe the Yes To Cucumber mask was in TK Maxx. I am such a big fan of TK Maxx, you can get some great bargains, so I'm definitely going to go into my local store to see if there is one in stock!

    http://shebearacharmedlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    Love Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Micellar water and the magnitone, I use both of those religiously but I use mine with Liz Earle! Really want to try out the Origins moisturisers though, heard such good things about them xx

    www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig