Monday 8 June 2015

Beauty | World Duty Free High End Makeup Haul

Recently I've been lucky enough to travel a bit more around the UK with work and for me this has meant using my evenings and lunch for a bit of city shopping! I think some of you may have already seen my recent Selfridges hauls (Charlotte Tilbury definitely stole my heart) but one thing I haven't shown you so far is my World Duty Free haul from when I popped up to the Glasgow office for a day. So here it is! On the way out, I was a little concerned about my liquids capacity so I only picked up one thing - literally, travelling with only a Swiss backpack and no hold luggage was the hardest thing, but on my way back home however it was a slightly different story and the below will show just how crazy I went. I've had to link to other websites below instead of WDF as you obviously can't buy online, but make sure if you're travelling abroad soon that you keep an eye out for some great deals!



My first purchase on the way out of Bristol Airport was the Limited Edition YSL Touché Eclat, I've wanted this for so long and I was so happy to get it for the reduced price of £20.80! I have been loving this product since I got it and as you can see from the photo below, I couldn't wait to get this home and photograph it! I actually love the way this highlights under my eyes and also conceals a little at the same time, perfect for that Kardashian-esque contour definition! I have to admit, after buying the MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter I do think that that one is a little more worth the money due to the slightly lower price of £18.50, but for the designer label the Touché Eclat is definitely worth the hype and I'll be keeping this for 'special' makeup days.



Next are two absolute beauts of products and when I bought these I literally had the heart face emoji on. They were complete impulse purchases and I haven't looked back since. The first product is a Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lipstick in Lousie. This is a semi-sheer hydrating nude lipstick and I am so in love with it. Forget Velvet Teddy, this has been my new favourite nude ever since I walked out of the airport back home in Bristol. It works really well with the lip liner I purchased below and as my first ever Chanel product it just makes me so happy - is that really sad? In fact it made me so happy that I actually went back to the counter a couple of minutes later and picked up a Chanel Joues Contraste Blusher. It's s o beautifully pigmented and so soft and creamy (yet still a powder) and comes with literally the softest mini brush ever. At £31 this isn't something that I'd normally splash out on but at Duty Free I managed to snap up this bad boy for an amazing £26 and so I think, although still a bit of a splurge, this was so worth while. It's the perfect peachy pink shade and works so well as a build-able blush for many of my daily makeup routines.


My next 'big' purchase was this absolutely gorgeous MAC 15 Pan Palette in Warm Neutrals . If any of you know me at all, you'll know that I have an obsession with eye shadow; I'm actually thinking of doing a palette collection post soon now that I have so many so when I managed to get this beautiful specimen of a palette I literally almost jumped for joy. In Duty Free I managed to get this £65 palette for a bargain of £54 - more that £10 off!! I don't think I've ever been so excited in my life to own something, a bargain to me is such a good feeling and I just could not pass this one up. I am a huge neutrals girl and with owning all of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, I did at first question whether I really needed this one or not, but who was I kidding? I am so happy to have this palette in my life and all of the shades work so well together - top purchase of the trip I think!

The last two products that I picked up on my duty free trip were from Bare Minerals and they were things that I've already tried or had in the past but at such a great discounted price I just couldn't pass up on buying them. The Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Mineral Foundation was the first product that I picked up - I hadn't actually ran out of my current BM Mineral Foundation (and still haven't two months on) but at £20 instead of £25 I just couldn't leave it there. It sounds a little silly but when it's your everyday foundation and its £5 cheaper than usual it's probably sillier to leave it behind! Finally I picked up the Marvellous Moxie Lip Liner in Liberated; an absolutely gorgeous muted nude pink which works perfectly underneath the Chanel Lipstick I also bought. Lip liners are a must for me under a lipstick and I really like the formulation of these Bare Minerals ones. The one thing I will say about this lip liner is that if you wind it up too much it does easily snap off and it's a real shame as it's really not useable once it's snapped...



I had such a great time shopping in World Duty Free and I'm not going to lie it didn't take me long at all to purchase all of these! Give a makeup addict a discounted high end beauty shop and she could spend hundreds in minutes - believe me! I really love all of these items and in the last photo above I created a nude makeup look using all of the products, surprisingly they all work so well together. Have you ever bought anything in World Duty Free? I absolutely cannot wait to get back there soon and buy more! If you have any recommendations of items for me to buy please let me know!


INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' 




Share:

11 comments

  1. Sounds like you picked up some right bargains! I really want to try MAC eyeshadows, the palette you picked up is gorgeous. This is only reason why I'm so excited to go on holiday haha, the shopping before hand! x

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MAC palette was such a bargain! Literally every nude shade you could ever need. I want! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going away in two weeks and have been wondering what to get from duty free, looks like the MAC Palette is the one!!
    Parie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MAC palette has some gorgeous shades! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god that MAC palette looks amazing! So lucky to get over £10 off of it!
    Sarah xx
    simplysarahlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The MAC palette is an incredible deal with £10 off! Great post and great purchases!

    Stephanie xxx
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/hope-freedom-love-3436251

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that MAC palette! lovely post!

    http://catheartbudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The MAC palette is amazing, I need it!! It's a shame that the lip liner snaps so easily though.
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk / / x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your makeup is flawless and looks lovely ! I'm a huge fan of Chanel makeup line the CoCo lipsticks are addictive :-) http://bauchlefashion.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going on holiday in 6 weeks, and I was already looking forward to the duty free shopping, now I'm even more excited! That MAC palette and the Chanel blush are calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaaah these type of posts make me insanely jealous. The colour of the lipstick and liner are gorgeous I absolutely love all the marvelous moxie range:) xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig