Saturday 21 November 2015

Best Beauty Blog 2015 with Next #NBNAwards

Best Beauty Blog 2015
Ummm I never thought I'd ever write a post titled 'Best Beauty Blogger 2015'. Can we please just take a moment to appreciate the fact that I WON A FREAKING AWARD?! Hello, gorgeous glass trophy! I can honestly say that when I got up on Tuesday morning I never in a million years thought that I'd be coming away with Next's Best Beauty Blogger award for this year. I just thought I was going to be having a lovely day out with a brand that I love, listen to a panel with some of my favourite bloggers / Youtubers and drink some delicious cocktails. Never did I think I'd win. Before I go into detail about the amazing day that I had down in London I just want to thank all of the lovely people at Next that made this award happen for me! Literally love you all!

So let's start at the beginning shall we? My Journey started last Monday evening when I jumped on the very delayed train from Manchester to London and then stayed at a colleague's flat ready to get up bright an early the next day. I made my way into Covent Garden where I had my hair Washed and Styled at Blo Blow Dry Bar (more on that in another post) and then headed off to the Glamorous Soho Hotel for the NBN Event! I was one of the first to arrive along with new found friend (and  #NBNBuddy) Laura and we instantly got chatting and nibbling on all of the gorgeous breakfast goodies! At around 11am we were then all taken into a cinema room that had tiered seating and watched a panel from Daniell Peazer (Idle Lane), Jen Stanbrook (LoveChicLiving), Sammi (BeautyCrush), Rosie Fortescue (A Fashion Forte / MIC). We learnt their top 5 tips for blogging and making it in the industry, had a Q&A session where we learnt how to contact and create relationships with brands and also talked about the secrets behind getting the perfect outfit shot (turns out quite a well known blogger uses a pop-up tanning tent as she goes around London!). I had such an amazing morning and took away so many great pieces of advice.

Next up we went and had some lunch, put on for us by the lovely people at the Soho Hotel and it was absolutely gorgeous! Check out BekyLou on Instagram for some snaps of mini pulled pork burgers, pasta, cous cous, chicken wraps and of course the beautiful #NBNevent cookies! We had some time to mingle amongst ourselves and chat for a while before heading back into the cinema room for the eagerly anticipated Next Blogger Award Ceremony! So many deserving bloggers won awards on Tuesday and even though I knew a couple (Anna from Don't Cramp My Style being one of my faves!)  I found some great new people to go and follow! I was so completely shocked when my name was called for Winner of Best Beauty Blog that Laura had to nudge me for me to realise it was me! I literally had no clue that I would have won and I am so thankful to the lovely ladies at Next for picking me as winner! 

After the awards I grabbed myself one of the gorgeous cocktails that were being made up and sat down for a 10 minute chat with Rosie Fortescue (after winning a Twitter competition earlier in the day). It was so lovely to get to know Rosie a little more, having watched MIC many moons ago it was nice to see that she wasn't really anything like she was in the first few series and that she was actually really lovely. She gave me some tips and tricks on keeping my blog going and just had a general chat before grabbing a photo before she had to leave. 

I had such an amazing day in London for the #NBNevent and would go back in a heartbeat to do it all again! Thank you so much to Alice, Gemma and all of the other lovely ladies that work at Next for making the day so amazing and again for the award! Can't wait to attend another Next event in the future! 

Best Beauty Blog 2105Next Blogger NetworkBest Beauty Blog 2015


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig