Sunday 1 May 2016

Summer Holiday Style | One Dress, Two looks




As I'm in my last two weeks of countdown before I jet off to Florida I thought that it would be really appropriate to make this post all about how I style an outfit from day to night (with a holiday twist of course). Whilst I've been packing my suitcase for Disney World one of my main concerns has definitely been how to pack as little as I can. My main objective for my trip (along with having the most magical time ever) is to shop as much as I can and bring back as much as I can in my suitcase.  -Prepare for some serious Sephora haul posts coming your way just FYI. - Taking as little as I can with me to begin with is a big priority to just make sure that I have enough space for all of my purchases on the way back! However I know that when you're going somewhere a little less shop heavy the priority is mainly just having light luggage to travel with (for you smart ones at least, clearly I don't think this way). So for this post I've decided to chose one dress and just show you how I'd mix up the accessories to transform it from a day look to a night look without having to take a whole separate outfit!This dress is a gorgeous two layer maxi dress from JD Williams which I am absolutely in love with! The overall style and print is right up my street and I think it would look great with a bit of a tan (definitely a fake one in my case though). The two layer effect is really nice at giving your shape a little bit more of a definition too and  I just think it's perfect for keeping cool and stylish in the heat. 

For the daytime look I thought it would be best to keep it simple. This straw tribly hat from River Island is something that I think would work really well with this look due to the navy blue ribbon detailing; it will create the perfect shade from the sun and keep you looking cute all at the same time! Have your hair in some loose waves and pop on these Aviator style sunglasses and you have a great look set ready for walking around your holiday destination in. Of course, no outfit is complete without a pair of simple sandals and a bag so I've picked this lovely Laser Cut bag from  LYDC as it's just really cute and the colour is so universal it will be great to pair with other outfits that you take with you. These Sole Diva Sandals from JD Williams will be great to have with you just for how cool they'll be in the heat. The last thing you want when the weather is hitting the late 20's, early 30's is to have your feet stuffed into enclosed shoes; having open toed/open backed sandals will be a choice you'll thank yourself for when you find yourself walking around more than you wanted too (directing this comment at my Dad for ruining many holiday plans of just lying on the beach in the past). I really think that this outfit is so easy to pull together and will be super easy for when you're just wanting to relax and not put too much thought into an outfit. 

For the night time, again we're sticking with the same dress from JD Williams and this time pairing it with a cropped denim jacket from River Island for a little bit of protection during the slightly cooler nights and to just cover up a little more as the evening draws in. I know I always like to shrug on a light jacket when I'm out an about in the evenings! I also wanted to pair this look with these beautiful Moda in Pelle sandals from JD Willaims as I always love to wear heels in the evenings. Heels are always a girls best friend (until they start hurting of course) and so I couldn't create a holiday evening look without including a pair. These ones are so lovely and still keep your feet cool whilst looking stylish and giving you that extra bit of height (another thing I always need). Next up to make this outfit stand out for the evening is this flowery choker necklace from New Look. Not something that I would usually pick out or even wear, but I think this Summer pretty chokers like this are going to be absolutely everywhere and it would work so well with the outfit that I've planned out. Last but by no means least for this evening look I've picked out a cross body bag from Marc B at Topshop, I am a huge fan of this bag and really think it would be a great accessory for an evening out on holiday. A perfect size for a few little essential items it really just compliments the outfit and blends in well with the overall look. 

I've really enjoyed doing this kind of post and letting you in on my personal style a little more. I'd love to know your thoughts on the outfits I've put together and what you'd perhaps pair with this dress too! Are you like me and do you take as little as you can on holiday or is that just me being strange?




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in Manchester
*This is a collaborative post*

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig