Wednesday 17 August 2016

Summer Knit Wish List


When it comes to Summer style the last thing I would thing of would be knitwear. When you think sun and hot weather and the humidity that we get here around this time of year, the last thing you think of is hot, sweaty knitwear. Or at least, it's the last thing I've been thinking of... That was until, I started actually looking at the new pieces that have been coming out into shops over the past couple of months. I don't know why I've been such a hermit recently and not noticed these items but all of a sudden I have a massive wish list full of summer knit items! Crochet is apparently big on my new favourites at the moment and first up on my wish list for this season is a crochet bikini! High up on the list of priorities for the remainder of this year is most definitely a holiday and so a crochet bikini seemed like the perfect start for a post like this. This bandeau and tie-bottom zig-zag set from Topshop is actually in the sale at the moment and is my favourite from a great bunch that they're stocking at the moment. I love the colours and the style and I think it would look perfect with a tan! Not that I'm able to ever get a proper tan with my bloody skin! Next up is this gorgeous grey halter neck crop, also from Topshop. It's a style that I have always loved (I guess that's what I get for being a 90s kid) and it's 100% up my street. Again I think it would be perfect on holiday (I really am wishing here) but would also look really cute with a black high waisted maxi skirt or a pair of black Joni Jeans. I actually think this item won't be on my wish list for long, I am extremely close to picking this up next time I'm in town!

A pair of black crochet shorts have been something that I've had my eye on for a few weeks now, I'm not at all a shorts kinda gal, but there's something about a pair like this that really appeals to me. I think it's the feminine edge on them and the fact that they're not bum shorts (I am not about that). These beauties are from New Look and are really well priced at £17.99 and are another item that I might actually find myself purchasing rather soon. For some reason I'm really not into wearing shorts in the UK though, I have no idea why but it just doesn't seem like I'm allowed here, which writing it down like that sounds absolutely ridiculous! Anyway, I like the shorts! Another crochet crop top that I've been liking the look of is this white cami top from Glamorous at Topshop. This one is 100% my style and something that I could see myself wearing quite a lot throughout the summer and even with a couple of layers in the Autumn and Winter. It's really simple and can easily be matched with lots of other items that I already own which is always a must when I'm looking to buy new clothes. Last but not least on my summer knit wish list is this gorgeous pink crochet maxi dress - which by the way is currently on sale for a steal of £13!! I am a massive fan of maxi dresses (even though they normally have to be taken up for my small frame) and this one caught my eye straight away when I was having a browse online. Again, perfect for a holiday the pink zigzag pattern would be lovely against a tan and look so pretty with my Kurt Geiger Sandals! 

Even from writing this post I've fallen more in love with the idea of knit wear in summer and cannot wait to get my hands on some pieces ready for my holiday (I really want this to happen, just go with me on this). Have you been rocking the crochet in summer style this season? I'd love to know your thoughts, let me know in the comments! This post has been in collaboration with Deramores, an online knitting site, so make sure you take a peep over to them also!





BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in the South West.
(*This blog post is in collaboration with Deramores*)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig