Wednesday 23 September 2015

#StayFitDontQuit


As part of their #StayFitDontQuit campaign, I've had the opportunity to work with JD Fitness and GetTheLable.com on promoting keeping motivated when it comes to exercise. I have been a massive gym bunny for the last year or so now, which I'm sure some of you may know from my previous fitness posts, my constant tweets and photos before and after bootcamp classes! Now living in the city however, I have found it difficult to get my bum out of the house and to the gym as often as I'd like. I can be a bit shy ( I know, massive shock) when it comes to joining new classes / working out alone so even though the motivation is there, it's intimidating when I'm starting out in a new place.

So in light of this, I thought I'd give you a couple of tips I've picked up along the way to keep you motivated and for you to #StayFitDontQuit.

  • Get yourself some snazzy gym gear! I absolutely love picking up new pieces to wear in the gym - when I'm loving my outfits, I'm definitely feeling more confident in the gym! You can check out some great brands at discounted prices at Get The Label  - I picked up this Nike Rally Boyfriend Jumper* for after my workouts!

  • Find a gym Buddy! I've luckily already found mine in Arijana from work, however when moving somewhere new it's always a good idea to find someone with the same desire to stay in shape as you. Going to the gym together is far more fun than going alone. You can fit your workouts together to make things harder / to make sure you get the most out of your exercise..

  • Think about joining classes. Most gyms offer classes within your monthly gym membership. Make sure you take full advantage of these as they can be really fun ways to exercise, can hit every muscle in your body and also be a great place to meet new friends. JD Gyms have a great array of classes, you can download the timetable from their website. Make sure you check out your local gym's class timetable to make the most of your membership!

  • Take a look into Personal Trainers. I know they can be quite expensive, but even one session a month will keep you motivated. They really put you through your paces and I've always felt so much better after a session with a PT. I don't think I've ever sweat as much as I do when at a personal training session; they're definitely hard work, but make me feel so much better about myself afterwards. They keep my motivation levels sky high for the week after and often a session can also include a healthy eating plan and exercise plans for you to do when alone so it keeps me on the straight and narrow too. Even one session can be beneficial to see where you're going right / wrong in the gym alone. I've got a session booked in at JD Gym Liverpool soon courtesy of JD Fitness and I can't wait to see how it goes!

I hope these tips help you keep motivated to get your bums in the gym like they do for me. In the Autumn / Winter it can be hard to not just stay in bed all day long, but just keep thinking of my favourite quote (which I have blatantly stolen from my old PT Jodie) :

'Summer Bodies are Made in the Winter' 











Shop this post







Share:

4 comments

  1. These are great tips for staying on track. I know for me it can be hard to motivate myself in the colder months because summer seems so far away!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first photo, great tips. Love the jumper x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your pink sneakers!!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips for keeping fit and I love these photos you're so cute! <3

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig