Sunday 16 March 2014

NOTD | Little Duck - Tanya Burr for EyeCandy



I recently wrote a review - here - regarding my first thoughts on Tanya Burr's new nail polish collection for Eye Candy. Since writing that review, I have tried all four shades that I purchased and honestly I have mixed reviews. Overall, I think the collection is great and there is a brilliant range of colours, however I have found that the polishes themselves can vary with consistency. 'Little Duck' (worn above) has got to be my favourite of the four that I purchased, second to that being 'Bright and Early'. I absolutely love the formula of these two as they've been strong colours and have needed just two coats for a good pay-off. The other two, the lighter shades 'Mini Marshmallow' and 'Peaches and Cream' didn't have quite the same effect, they were far too watery and needed quite a few coats for a good result in colour. It's a shame really because honestly, my favourite colours are 'Little Duck' and 'Peaches and Cream' - It's a shame to not have the same consistency throughout all of the polishes. Who knows, I may just have a dodgy pot, but for me, viscosity of a nail polish is it's make or break. 

What have you thought about Tanya's range?



Share:

7 comments

  1. I haven't tried any of the Tanya Burr nail polishes, but I really like the lip glosses. Little Duck looks like such a cute colour. It's a shame about the formulas of the other two you mentioned! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely, cute colour! I haven't tried any of Tanya Burr's collection yet but I'm hoping to in the near future! xx

    Mapped Out | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour - it looks really pretty! I haven't tried any of the Tanya Burr nail polishes but am tempted! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved the look of Little Duck ever since I saw the first images - such a pretty colour and would be perfect for Spring/Summer!

    Amy xo
    www.vondork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour of Little Duck; I'm still yet to try any of Tanya's range tho! :)
    Fab review

    https://www.nicolabishopx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This color is gorgeous! I only have Mini Marshmallows and you are so right about it being to watery. I used three coats and then I stopped, but it was still a bit see through. I'm glad not all the nail polishes are like that because I was a bit disappointed :)
    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the colour - really striking on the eye. Stephen :o)

    www.beautykinguk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig