Sunday 2 March 2014

Review | Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette


Shortly after Christmas I gave in to the temptation of the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I was at work one day (a week after starting and still in my induction) and my line manager had to go into a meeting at late notice - this meant that I had nothing to do for about an hour, so I browsed Bloglovin' and checked my emails. And there it was; an email from Debenhams telling me that the Naked 3 was back in stock. Cut to two minutes later and my card was out and the confirmation email of my purchase was on its way to my inbox. I do not regret it.

The Naked 3 Palette has become my go-to eye shadow palette and I use it almost every day. I am absolutely in love with the rose hues and the darker shades are just perfect for emphasising my eye lid crease and my lash lines!



As you can see I just couldn't wait before photographing this beauty. 'Strange' is my every day staple, whether I'm doing a full makeup look or not - it's such a lovely base colour and has even replaced my beloved 'Shroom' by MAC. 'Dust' is my favourite of the rose gold shades, I use this in almost every one of my smokey eye looks as it brings a gorgeous and subtle sparkle my eyes. 

For a matte rose-nude I love 'Limit' as it has a great pigmentation and is brilliant for popping on top of 'Strange' for a natural and less worked look. I also love 'Buzz' for the same reason that I love 'Dust' - it's a lovely rose gold shade and works brilliantly with a darker shade such as 'Darkside'.


 The darker shadows are some of my favourites; Liar is my all time favourite for the outer corner of a smokey rose-gold infused look. I always apply this before the mid shade ('Buzz' or 'Dust') because it can then be blended easier - a nifty little trick I learnt from the gorgeous Benebabe, Ashton (find her one twitter here). 'Liar' can be really versatile too, which is great for a darker shade. Swept across the corner of the lid, it can look subtly gorgeous, but compacted on it can look just that little bit darker and enhance a look even more.

'Darkside' is a beautiful deep brown shade with (what I think) is a touch of dark purple hidden within. I adore this shade and use it for when I want a look with a little more oomph. It gives a more dramatic edge to the eye and works perfectly in the crease and as a tiny extra in the outer corner on top of 'Liar'. I also love using this on my Eco Tools angled liner brush and packing it along my lower lash line - I think this gives a softer effect than a harsh black kohl liner and works well as it brings the liner and eye shadow together, finishing the look.

Overall I cannot fault this palette - I've never tried one of the Naked Palettes before, but I'm so happy that I lost my Urban Decay virginity with this wonder. The colours are so pigmented and they blend so flawlessly together. I'd love to know which combinations you use.

Enter my latest giveaway here

Share:

6 comments

  1. Lovely blog post hun! This palette looks lovely, you can't go wrong with Urban Decay Eye Shadows.


    Kimberley // Kimberley's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, I think the colours work so well with my coulourings :) Xx

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the palette but i'm never one to wear pinky shades which sucks!

    Lucy | Make Up Your Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame, because they're such beautiful shades, but I guess that's the beauty of the Naked Palettes, there's one for everyone xx

      Delete
  3. Can I just have it now please?! Haha it's so beautiful & I just haven't got round to getting it xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get to it girly! I literally can't go with out it now! xx

      Delete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig