Friday 24 June 2016

Afternoon Tea at Neighbourhood Manchester


So yesterday I had a bit of a crazy day out with the wonderful Steph from Ledigo PR and if I told you all of it, you probably wouldn't believe that any of it had happened, but I thought I'd let you in on a couple of the things we got up to! It all started with the most wonderful Afternoon Tea at Neighbourhood  in Spinningfields, Manchester where I met Steph for some Prosecco, some girly chat and of course, the new Afternoon Tea spread! Sat in one of their new high booths surrounded by their incredible new interior it felt like we were in the midst of New York enjoying a mid-afternoon catch up like something out of Sex and the City. You may remember a couple of months ago I posted about having a Bloggers Brunch at Neighbourhood and since then the ever popular Manchester restaurant and Bar have had a major facelift! With their re-launch party just last month things just keep looking better and better for Neighbourhood and I have to say that the re-vamp is seriously doing them some good. The new emerald green chairs, deep wood accents and totally instagrammable marble look table tops in the main restaurant / bar area are perfect for the ambience that Brand Director Ash was trying to create when re-decorating. There are also separate areas off of the main room with enough room for private parties and dining and they have the cutest pink chairs which creates an altogether different atmosphere again. I absolutely love the new look and can't wait for more opportunities to go back, have drinks and enjoy their delicious food! Speaking of delicious food; Afternoon Tea at Neighbourhood is definitely not something you are going to want to miss. Starting off with a glass of Champagne and a cake stand full of fruit scones and the fanciest finger sandwiches I've ever tried, I couldn't believe that I'd never actually sat down to an Afternoon Tea before. I know, I know, how can I 'truly call myself British'? Well, it's just not something I'd ever been that interested in before (I was really fussy when I was younger) and not something that was that common in my home town. Well, I'm more than happy that my first proper experience (aside from birthday teas) was at Neighbourhood. They definitely make you feel special and there's nothing better than feeling special when eating cake and drinking champagne on a Thursday afternoon, especially when they wheel around a patisserie trolley where you can pick out your faves from a range of the most mouthwatering handmade cakes! As always the food did not disappoint and we were presented with the best quality we could imagine. Forget your standard ham and cheese sarnies and your battenburg sponges, Neighbourhood really make sure you have the ultimate Afternoon Tea experience with finger sandwiches containing salmon, prawn and (my favourite) the most amazing meaty concoction, which honestly I don't quite know what was inside, but it was delicious either way. When it comes to fruit scones, clotted creme and strawberry jam, I don't think I've ever had better and of course I most definitely recommend the Strawberry Tart, Mini Victoria Sponge and Vanilla Slice as they were literally to. die. for! I had the most amazing time at Neighbourhood yet again yesterday and with the day that followed (meeting the Body Coach and running around playing Escape Rooms and beating Kyle Christie's - from Geordie Shore fame - ass at Laser Quest!) it has to have been one of the best day's I've had in a very long time! Thanks so much again to Steph from Ledigo PR  and to the lovely people at Neighbourhood for the day out, I cannot wait to go back again and see what other delights they have available for me! I'm still dreaming about the pancakes I had last time, just FYI! Have you ever been to Neighbourhood? Will you be going there anytime soon? Let me know what your thoughts are in the comments! 



BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in Manchester

*Some of the items or experiences in this post were gifted to me for PR purposes*








Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig