Wednesday 8 June 2016

Sleek Makeup Whimsical Wonderland Collection Review


When it comes to makeup I'm not all that adventurous; I usually stick to my browns and neutrals and don't really ever experiment with different colours or techniques. When I got back from my holiday and opened a parcel from Sleek Makeup, I was so excited as I've been waiting for this collection since I received the press release. Sleek is a brand I trust when it comes to makeup and their eye shadows and lipsticks are such amazing quality that if anyone's going to step out of the box with unusual colours, Sleek are the ones that are going to get it right! The Whimsical Wonderland collection is nothing but extraordinary and easily wearable. As always the lip VIP Lipsticks are buttery and perfectly pigmented and come in these gorgeous colours. All three that I have kindly been gifted to try are absolutely beautiful and look amazing on my lips! I have to admit, the lilac colour isn't quite my shade for an every day look, but it's definitely wearable and I love the look I've managed to create with it and along with the matching Sweet Cheeks Blush.

I absolutely love that Sleek have released these Sweet Cheeks in the corresponding colours to their lipsticks for this collection. I've only ever dabbled in powder blush before, but after trying these sweet little sticks I think I've been converted a little. Again the purple shade isn't one that I think would be something of an everyday for me, but the gorgeous peachy-orange shade and the pink are definitely ones that when blended look beautiful for a makeup look any day. Although a little out there in the packaging, these colours are actually perfectly pastel for Summer! The unusual gel formulation makes it really easy for these to just glide onto the cheeks and blend with the warm touch of your fingertips.  At £5.50 each you can't go wrong, especially from a brand that are known for their great products.

Last but not least is the Limited Edition 'All the Fun of the Fair' I-Divine Eye Shadow Palette. A little scary at first sight, this very colourful palette is one that in all honesty I probably would never pick up myself. I'd say I'm definitely more known for my nude eyes than for the out-there bright eyes - That's 100% something I leave to one of my best friends Melody (who has a Youtube and you should totally check her channel out). After saying all of the above though, I was intrigued to give it a go and play around with the colours. As with the lipsticks, the eyeshadows are wonderfully pigmented and definitely do not get lots on the eyes. The colours are a little out there and all kinds of crazy pastel but at the same time, it really works and the colours are (mostly) perfectly wearable throughout Summer!

Have you tried anything from Sleek Makeup before? Let me know what you think of this collection in the comments and whether you'd be daring to try out this palette or not too! I love Sleek Makup (as previously mentioned) and can definitely always count on them! You can pick these new bits up online now and from 17th June in store!




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in Manchester






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig