Friday 10 June 2016

Why I love Celebrity Fitness Books


With Celebrity books there comes a sort of stigma that they're just full of rubbish and marketed to make money from insecure, impressionable young girls. Which, in a way is probably true, but there are some out there that I think are worth the money and actually work to keep you motivated. We all have an icon that we put on a pedestal for their body or style and for me, these three ladies are exactly that. Lucy Mecklenburgh, Charlotte Crosby and Millie Mackintosh are three celebs that I massively look up to for their weight loss, healthy eating and overall gym mindset. I love them all individually for different reasons and so today I thought I would talk to you about them and also why I love Celebrity Fitness books in general, but in particular these three. 

Be Body Beautiful by Lucy Mecklenburgh is the first celebrity fitness book that I picked up around a year ago. I'd never really been a fan of Lucy's or watched that much of 'TOWIE' but I knew she looked incredible and I wanted to know how she'd done it. The beginning of the book is almost like a mini autobiography on the start of Lucy's life and what made her want to change her lifestyle for the better in regards to what she was eating and how she was exercising. As Lucy's around the same age as me (only 2 and a half years older believe it or not!) I feel like I can relate to her a little more and it inspires me to make similar life decisions as her. Throughout the book she describes how she started to change her workouts, how she started to change her diet and also gives easy to follow workout moves, meal plans and recipes. I really love the book and it was the first thing that really got my act together with empowering me to make a change. As you may know, I've recently been working with Results With Lucy (Lucy's online workout program) to review their new Beach Body Plan and I absolutely loved that. I really love that not only did Lucy write this book, but she also created a platform online for her fans / other girls like her wanting to lose weight and tone up to follow. I love RWL and will be reviewing another plan shortly so keep reading to find out how I get on with that.

Next up is Millie Mackintosh's 'Made'. This book is more of an all over style, food and fitness book and so I think it's a little more relate-able to younger girls that probably wouldn't have intentionally picked up a fitness book. It's more of an introduction to fitness and eating healthier and I think that's why I like it so much. There's step by step instructional pictures showing you how to do each exercise and it makes it seem so much simpler than it is. Less of a chore, if you think about it like that. I started watching Millie on Made in Chelsea back when it first started and to be honest, I stopped watching around the time she also left the show (anyone else really excited her and Hugo are now back together, or is that just me?!). Millie's whole image is one that I really love and aspire to and I think that's what makes this book so appealing to me.

Last but not least is the newest of them all, Charlotte Crosby's (of Geordie Shore origin) Live Fast, Lose Weight. If you've read for a while you'll know that I absolutely love Charlotte and have used her fitness DVD '3 Minute Belly Blitz' for a while now. I really love Charlotte's transformation and how determined she is to keep the weight off and stay healthy and it definitely shows in this book. What I like most about this book is that it's more light-hearted than most. She gives a 'real girl' outlook on things like staying healthy whilst going on a night out and being a bit boozy and a bit of a 'lazy girl' look at things too. I love the meals, they're recipes that I'd want to make and like the sound of too which is always good as I can find that some books are full of recipes that are too healthy and it just doesn't appeal to me at all when you have to go out of your way and spend £10 on a special kind of leaf! I think Charlotte's book is definitely aimed at girls who are just like her; real girls that love to go out and have fun and that have a transformation to make like she did. I think it helps that we all saw her on Geordie Shore and how she looked then and have been able to follow her hard work and fitness over the past couple of years. It makes it all a bit more attainable and in reach for us non-celeb folk and that is definitely why I picked up this book to add to my collection!

What are your thoughts on Celebrity Fitness books? Do you share my opinions or are you completely against them? Let me know your thoughts and your favourite books in the comments below!




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in Manchester


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig