Wednesday 29 June 2016

June Favourites!



I have not sat down to write a monthly favourites post in so long! I've found myself sticking to what I know recently and as much as it's been a great chance to use up some of my older makeup products, I've really been missing that feeling when you first try out a new product. So at long last, I've been picking up a few new pieces here and there and have finally managed to put together a half-decent favourites post for you! 

Starting off this month with an absolute gem, I've been loving my new Sports Bra from Victoria Secret. I actually have one of their zip-front sports bras which I would have much rather included in this favourites, but being the organised mess that I am, it was in the wash when I took these photos because I just can't stop wearing it! Either way, both of their sports bras are absolutely fantastic and give so much support when working out that I just can't get enough of them. I picked these up in Florida when I was there last month and do not regret it at all; they were an absolute bargain too with all three that I bought (2 normal and one zip) coming to around $60 which works out to be around £45 and I think over here they're around £60 in total! I've been actually quite impressed with how well priced the Victoria's secret sports wear is to be honest, even in the UK, considering VS are normally way over priced for their underwear, their sports stuff is a little bit cheaper than wheat I normally find myself paying for the likes of Nike and Adidas.

Makeup was obviously my next port of call whilst in America and I couldn't help but pick up a couple of bits that were a little easier to get hold of out there. The Anastasia Brow Wiz was my must-have item and I managed to get colour matched whilst in Sephora and picked up Taupe. I'm really disappointed in myself that I didn't pick up more than just the one because I am absolutely in love with it. I have so many brow products that I've really liked for different reasons in the past but with how fine and detailed this pencil is, it's just won me over completely. My other must-have purchase whilst I was over there was the Tartelette in Bloom Palette  a palette that I have had my eyes on for so long and to find it in stock when I finally reached a Sephora, I was over the moon! It is so pigmented and I love the mix of matte and sparkly shades. It is the perfect palette and is one that I now go to every single day without fail to make my eyes pop! I'm so sad that there isn't an easy way to get Tarte in the UK, because I absolutely love them as a brand so if any of you have seen somewhere I can get them that I've missed, let me know! Last bit I've bought recently (not in Florida, but we'll leave that detail out for Jordan's benefit) was the Benefit Fake Up concealer and you all know how I love Benefit. I recently tried this whilst getting my brows waxed at the Manchester Debenhams Benefit brow bar and fell in love. This stuff is amazing for concealing under my eyes and making them look so much more alive and anything that can do that to my bags is a godsend! 

Another couple of makeup bits that I've recently been gifted and have been loving are the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette and the Next Make Me Beautiful Lipstick in Simply Peach. The Makeup Revolution Contour Palette is one that I have been obsessed with these past couple of weeks and one that I would completely recommend to you all. For £8 you cannot go wrong, and even though I'm not too into using the highlight colours, the contour colours are perfect for me and I cannot get enough of them. They create the perfect 'chiseled cheeks' look for me in such a natural shade. The Next lipstick in Simply Peach is also a new go-to for me, it's become the lipstick I pick up every day as it's just so smooth and wearable and the perfect colour for me! 

Last up are two products that are really new to me; first off is this light up selfie case from Pretty Little Thing and I cannot tell you how happy I am to now have one of these. I was very kindly gifted this recently at an event I attended and it's probably the best novelty gift I've been gifted ever. I only use it for when I go out or think I'm going to need a decent selfie that day but it's so much fun and creates the best lit selfies! And finally, last but not least are my brand spanking new pair of Converse All Star OX in white from Size?, these popped through the post just last week and I am already obsessed. I haven't warn them out yet as the weather is terrible and I am too nervous to wear them in the rain! But I am in love with them and cannot wait to get out and photograph them properly for a post for you all! 

What have you been loving this month? Is there anything you think I should try next? Let me know in the comments below! 




BekyLou, Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle Blog based in Manchester

*Some of the items in this post were gifted to me for PR purposes*


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig