Sunday 26 January 2014

FOTD | Everyday / Work Makeup

I don't think I've ever done a 'Face of the Day' post - so it's about time, don't you think? I have a friend who is in the process of starting up her photography portfolio and when she asked me to be her model I jumped at the chance! Not only is it such a flattering thing to be asked, but she's also allowing me to use all of the photos I like on my blog. Being a little restricted, lets say, in the department of good quality photos and the ability to take such photos for FOTD, OOTD and so on, this has been such an amazing collaboration for us. If you want to take a peep at Ammie's photo's and see her amazing work, you can click here or check out her instagram here

For this FOTD I've used my basic foundation and have added a pop with the eyes. I recently purchased the coveted Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette and have been obsessed with experimenting with colour matches. For this look I started with Strange in the inner corners, Mugshot on the outer corners and buzz blended into the main body of my lid. I then used Dark Side on my Real Techniques Angled Liner Brush as an eye liner under my bottom lashes and Soap and Glory's SuperCat liner over the outer half of my top lash line. 
I love mixing three neutral colours on my lid throughout the week - I don't think that it should be 'saved for the weekend' at all. A strong eye can be great any day as long as you match the colours well. I tend to use more nude shades in the week for work for a more subtle smokey eye and then more vibrant or darker colours for the weekend if I'm going out. I paired this look with my Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Luna, for a peachy nude lip to offset from my eyes and make them stand out more. 

For me, this is the perfect look for an everyday look or a look for Work. Not too much and yet still perfectly tasteful for a professional atmosphere or relaxed day. 
.
Close up of my eyes - so blue!


Loving my Naked 3 Palette and Apocalips in Luna



Sun shine in January?

What are your favourite shades from the Naked 3 Palette?
Do you like to dress up your eyes?
Let me know in the comments below

xox

You can also vote for me for the #UKBA14 here
Share:

10 comments

  1. Your eye make up looks lovely! I'm awful at blending colours together lol!

    Shelley x
    http://www.shelley-hearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks so much! It can be quite difficult but I find my Real Techniques blending brush helps! :) XX

      Delete
  2. Love the blue look - really suits you. Very striking :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Was a bit of a hit-or-miss kinda job but I'm glad you liked it and it paid off! :) XX

      Delete
  3. Stunning eyeshadow colours, makes them stand out!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the eye makeup hun :) xx so pretty!
    -Chaitra|Itspinkpot

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig