Tuesday 21 January 2014

Review | NARS Sheerglow Foundation

I was naughty. I impulse bought this foundation. I have no idea what spurred me on to 'Impulse buy' a £30 foundation, but it happened. And I will never look back. This foundation has honestly become my favourite and even with the hefty price tag, I'm definitely not going to be over thinking the decision to repurchase this when it comes that time.



I'd read a lot of reviews on the NARS Sheerglow foundation, so many people singing it's praises. I was skeptical at first... Do I really need another foundation? I was perfectly happy with the ones I was using, my Benefit Oxygen Wow foundation has never let me down before - In fact I still adore this foundation too and use it every other day, don't knock what you know and all. But there was just something drawing me closer and closer, tempting me more and more every time I read about this foundation. Then one day I was in Harvey Nichols in Bristol, sat at the NARS counter being colour matched by the lovely sales lady. Turns out I'm matched to Mount Blanc. It looked so good and felt like such a good coverage that I didn't even think and my card was in the chip and pin machine before I'd even realised what I was doing. £30.50 later and no regrets, I walked out of the shop, Space NK bag in hand.

So what do I think of it? Honestly, I'm not great with descriptions, but this foundation is the best I've tried. It covers my skin so well and doesn't feel heavy - which is a massive bonus for me, because the last thing I love is a weighted foundation covering my skin. The lady had matched me perfectly and the colour blends well with my skin when used with my Real Techniques Stippling brush. The only one downside I can find with this foundation is that it is really dewy - it definitely has that 'glow' as the name states, but with a nice cover of my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and my Benefit Porefessional Zero Shine powder around my t-zone, it's a problem that's easily dealt with.

Even the bottle is slick and gorgeous. So simple and yet brilliant, although again, this has a downside too. I hate the pour effect this bottle has, I much prefer a pump for foundations like this one. Sadly, when I was in Space NK they'd sold out of the NARS foundations pumps that you can buy and I refuse to buy one online with a hefty postage price of £7. I find it quite disappointing that NARS don't offer this pump with the foundation / provide one with the original product like most other brands, but a way to make money is a way to make money I guess. I applaud them on that.



Overall, I really love this foundation, I've seen a lot of reviews where people say that they don't quite get along with this foundation as well as they'd hoped, but for me... Let's just say I'm glad my little impulse buy gamble paid off. I'm in love and unless anyone can tempt me with a better one, this is the one I'm sticking to for now. Well done NARS, Well done.

Have you ever tried the NARS Sheerglow foundation?
Let me know what you think of it in the comments below

xox

You can also vote for me for the #UKBA14 here
Share:

6 comments

  1. I've been so tempted to buy this foundation!! I've read so many amazing reviews about it! But my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is doing amazing so far!
    I may have to buy this one though once I've run out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like this to begin with and then I went in one day and it just happened to be in my bag on the way out and I was £30.50 poorer ahah ! definitely worth the hype though i think! xxx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried it but been so tempted to: I like the dewy look so guess it would be nice

    Your pics are fab:

    Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually love this dewy look! I never thought I would but with a tiny pop of powder Ithink it's a great look.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I loveee this foundation it is amazing! Everyone compliments my skin when I wear it :) I'm trying not to wear it all the time though because of the price! Have you tried the concealer? I can't remember what its called creamy radiant glow? ok I might be making that up :L anyway its amazing too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't tried the concealor, but I think after I've used up my trusty MAC one i might just have to pop a long and have a taster. I'm in love with this foundation now xx

      Delete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig