Tuesday 28 January 2014

Guest Post | Mac Makeup Lust List

Mac Make Up Lust List


Hi, my name's Hannah and I blog over at Cosmetic Crave (www.cosmeticcrave.com), and I suppose it wouldn't be hard to guess that with a blog name like that, I might have the tendancy to ..crave cosmetics? Hey, some people crave chocolate.. some people crave fried food.. but my ultimate vice is a brand new lipstick, or three. I can crave and crave all that I want but most of the time I can't just give in and splurge until my heart's content because of a little thing called a bank balance and sadly mine isn't bottomless :( (If only!!) ..so until I win the lottery, I've compiled a little 'Lust List' of some make up that I have my eye on at the moment. For the sake of simplicity, I've stuck to just Mac. 

Mac Strobe Lotion / Strobe Cream
I've never really been too sure what the difference between the lotion and the cream are with this one, and I had a little browse on this forum here where the difference is discussed and I got the gist that the lotion is a light version and is for oily skin, where the cream is for drier skin ..but I have oily skin and most people say that the strobe cream is generally all round better than the lotion, so I'm still stuck on which one I'd pick! It's a luminating and brightening formula that can be used as a base or mixed with foundation to give a bit of a boost. (£23.50)

Mac Studio Fix Foundation (NC20)
Generally the most favoured foundation that Mac has to offer, but can you believe I've never tried a Mac foundation?! I've always been a Clinique kinda girl, personally. It's supposed to be a long-wearing semi-matte foundation with medium coverage and contains SPF 15 too, so it sounds pretty perfect to me. Mac also says that it 'absorbs and disperses oil' too - Ooh, perfect for an oily gal like me! (£21.50)

Mac Pro Longwear Concealer (NC15)
It seems like all of my favourite beauty YouTubers use this concealer in their make-up looks and every single one of the looks flawless! It's supposed to be a lightweight concealer with full coverage and I love the pump dispenser bottle of it too. (£15.50)

Mac Powder Blush - Harmony
Dubbed as the perfect soft contouring shade, this blush is top of my hit list! It's a matte brown toned blush and I can imagine it coming in useful in more ways than simply as a blusher. (£18.00)

Mac Mineralise Skin Finish - Soft and Gentle
A perfect finishing touch to a make up look can be this gorgeous subtle metallic shimmer highlight. Ever since I used one of my friend's MSF I've have been fully obsessed with it and feel like my life wouldn't be complete without it. (£22.00)

Mac Brow Set - Beguile
As my brows are my pride and joy, I like to keep them in tip top shape and looking their best. But they're a naturally bushy pair and need regular good grooming and a good dose of taming to keep them in check so this tinted brush on gel should set my brows in place. A good 'brow gel' is something that I've not really found yet and none of the the highstreet offerings have really done it for me with either being too wet or too crispy! (£13.00)

Mac Brushes - 239 Eye Shading Brush, 217 Blending Brush
No, I don't have any Mac make up brushes either, can you believe! Basically, I'm lacking a whole lotta essential Mac in my life! I think I found a good 217 brush dupe from ELF for just £1.50, but can that be too good to be true? It's gotta be £18 and a worldwide favourite for a reason; I need to see what all the fuss is about! (£20.00 / £18.00)

Mac Eyeshadows 
My wishlist for Mac eyeshadows extends to as long as: Jest, Plum Dressing, Cranberry, Pink Freeze, Beauty Marked, Coppering, Twinks, Mythology, Antiqued, Sable, Mulch, Woodwinked, Honesty, Mocha, Expresso, Sweet Lust and Smut. So.. All of them then? Ha! I've only got a handful already but I'm thinking of maybe getting a 15 pan palette and depotting the ones I have into that and then I only have to buy in the pan refill size from now on. (£12.50 / £10.00)

Mac Lipsticks
As with the eyeshadows, I feel like I've got a lipstick wishlist that goes on for eternity. I feel like I can't go anywhere without ending up walking home with a new Mac lippie! The ones still on my lust list are: Honey Love, Fan Fare, Morange, Chatterbox, Speed Dial, Speak Louder, Cross Wires, Candy Yum Yum, Rebel, Brick-o-La, Hang Up, and Ruby Woo. Phew, that's a lotta lippies! (£15.00)

Thank you Beky for allowing me to post on your blog today :)
I hope any of you reading come and pay me a visit at Cosmetic Crave soon.  


Absolutely love this post? Let us know in the comments or visit Hannah on twitter and let her know!

You can also vote for me for the #UKBA14 here

Share:

6 comments

  1. The concealer is amazing! I love it! I plan on treating myself to a new Mac lipstick soon, the tricky part is picking a colour!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree with you on the concealer! And me too! I'm tempted by a nude xx

      Delete
  2. I swear by MAC and I love HANNAH, hi!

    aha :)
    Love Em x

    www.emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! she's a beaut isn't she? :p I'm slowly but surely getting into MAC myself, she's definitely not helping with the spending ban here! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the MAC eye shadows, my favourite shade is swimming but I really want woodwinked!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have woodwinked and absolutely love it. Such a perfect outer corner / crease colour! Xx

      Delete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig