Friday 2 May 2014

Guest Post | DIY Body Scrub | Danielle's Blog

Hello,

I'm Danielle, you may already know me if you have been following Beky for awhile, I've featured in a couple of posts and a video. My blog is over at Danielle Saint  and has all sorts of mainly just my ramblings about products and fashion, I'd love it if you would go and have a look. Also just like to say a big thank you to Beky for finally letting me contribute content for her lovely blog. 

Today I thought I'd share with you a DIY Beauty Post which is a series I have running over on my blog. I think DIY beauty is great I think it is great to be able to combine kitchen and household ingredients to make something that gives you a little pick-me-up or pamper. Today's DIY is a body scrub, body scrubs are great as well as being really important to help maintain smooth and silky skin. It works by scrubbing away dead skin cells and removes dirt and oil on the skins surface using tiny abrasive granules. All types of skin benefits from skin scrubs.

This scrub must be applied to damp skin so it is great to use in the shower. 

You will need

1/2 cup of coarse sea salt 
1/2 cup of olive olive 
Zest from 1 Lemon 
Zest from 1 Orange 
2 Tablespoons of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice 
2 Tablespoons of Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice 

Combine the oil and juices in a small mixing bowl and mix. Next add the sea salt and zest then mix together. Then transfer into chosen container, I like to put mine in a mason jar with a ribbon and give it as a gift or into a plastic tub and keep in the shower to use at my leisure. 

This is a really nice fruity body scrub and leaves your skin feeling very soft and silky. I like to use this scrub before shaving to remove dry and dead skin cells, and my shave has never been closer. 

Don't forget to pop over to my blog and say hello. 

Lots of Love 

I really hope you take the time to visit Danielle's blog - it's a great little read! If you'd like to be featured on my blog as a guest poster please visit here or send me an email at beky.lou94@gmail.com 

Check out my Exclusive Advertiser Mike Relief
Share:

2 comments

  1. SUCH a good idea for a purse-friendly scrub! Going to have to try this!

    Vicky | Lots of Love, Me.

    x

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig