Tuesday 27 May 2014

Save vs Splurge | Makeup Must-haves Part 1

Having a full time job does have its perks and being able to splurge a little more on makeup is one of those perks. However, there does come a time when spending the extra Pounds on repurchasing my favourite high-end makeup products can become a little too much. That's why, for this post, I've searched high and low to find the perfect high street dupes and peeny saving equivalents for those coveted high end beauty buys!

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation vs Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

For a couple of months now I have been loving Nars' Sheer Glow foundation (I use shade Mont Blanc), it's the perfect light formula foundation and mixes really well on my skin, giving the lovely dewey look as a finish. I researched a lot into this foundation before buying it and was definitely not disappointed when I tried it for the first time, the only slight down side to this foundation is the price - £30.50 can be a little on the steep side for most of us young 'uns! However, after much hype and a lot of resistance on my part, I have finally tried the Bourjois healthy Mix Serum (I have shade 51) and my god, do I love it. I've only had it a couple of days now, but already (in my mind at least) it's a pretty good high street dupe for my beloved Sheer Glow Foundation. For the considerable difference in price ( this is just £9.99) this foundation does a pretty decent job at replicating the qualities of the Nars foundation. I love a good dupe and honestly, this is one of the best I've seen - whether they meant for it to be this way or not!
You can buy Nars Sheer Glow foundation here and Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation here.

Benefit Erase Paste Concealer vs Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 

As everybody who reads my blog will know, I am a massive Benefit fan. I own far too many Benefit products and can't help but buy more as they are released. One of my favourite Benefit products of all time has to be their Erase Pate Concealer (I use 1 - light). Erase Paste was the first Benefit product that I ever bought and I have stayed a loyal customer and re-purchaser of it since. It does wonders under the eyes and for those pesky spots and red areas that none likes having, but again this can come a little pricey at £17.50.  The penny saver concealer here is the beloved Lasting Perfection Concealer by Collection. Once again this is an amazing concealer; unlike the above with the two foundations, this concealer isn't a dupe for the Benefit one - it is however, a very good concealer in itself and bloody great for the price! The Lasting Perfection Concealer is a creamy liquid concealer that comes with a wand (for any of you who have been living under a rock and don't know what it is) , it has a long lasting formula and is brilliant at covering spots and those stubborn red / dark areas. At £4.19 this is the perfect concealer for those who don't want to splash out. You can buy Benefit's Erase Paste here and Collection's concealer here.

NARS Orgasm Blusher vs Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush Live Pink

Anyone who is anyone in the beauty blogging world will have heard of the NARS Orgasm blush. It's a gorgeous peachy pink with a golden shimmer and is most definitely known as a 'cult favourite'. Before I received 'Orgasm' for Christmas from one of my closest friends, It had been on my wish list for quite some time. At £21.50 a lot of us can't justify running to the shops to just buy one of these beauties willy nilly. Although it is an amazing blush and does have amazing pigmentation, it's not something that all of us beauty babes can afford, this is why I have found the high street equivalent. Rimmel is a brand we all know and love, but as far as I'm aware,  it's not very well known for it's blushes; I managed to stumble across this beautiful little pan of 'Live Pink' blusher the other day whilst shopping. It's a lovely pinky-rose toned blush which when on the cheeks, could pass of a something along the lines of NARS' Orgasm. It doesn't have the lasting power or quite the pigmentation like Orgasm does, but that's to be expected when this little gem only costs a fraction of the price at £3.99. Defnitely not a replacement, but could definitely pass as a space holder whilst we save up our pennies for the likes of a NARS blush! You can buy Nars' Orgasm blush here and Rimmel's Live Pink blush here.

Do you have any products that you think could pass as good high end dupes? I'd love for you to share in the comments!

NSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
Check out my Exclusive Advertiser Mike Relief


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig