Sunday 24 August 2014

August Glossybox | Mini Reviews


After finally indulging in the luxury that is a beauty subscription box every month, with my first Birchbox a couple of months ago, I thought it was about time to start up a second subscription and see what all the fuss was about with the GlossyBox. I've been pleasantly surprised with my BirchBox and after a lot of 'umm-ing and ar-ing', finally decided to take the plunge.  A little comment quickly on the packaging, how cute is it?! I love the size of the box as it's perfect for storage and also, the cute little bow just makes it feel so much more like a present - so cute!



Kryolan for GlossyBox | Highligher Cashmere | £12.95 

I've honestly never tried cream highlighters, I think the closest I've come is Benefit's 'High Beam' which is a liquid. This gorgeous cream highlight from Kryolan is simply lovely. I don't know how else to describe it. It has a 'melt to the touch' feel and blends really nicely onto the skin. I've used this a couple of times since I've received my GlossyBox this month and each time I've had a really natural glow to my finished makeup look. As directed, I've been using this on my cheek bones and also occasionally on my brow bone for a complete finish look. 




Figs & Rouge | Mini Hand Cream | £3.95


Enriched with Shea Butter and natural antioxidants this hand cream is so soft and silky. I was sent 'Rose Berry' and my God, I don't think I've ever smelt something so incredible. It has some great rose scents but also, smells just like Strawberry Maoams. Anything sweetie scented has the thumbs up in my books! Not only that, but once massaged into my hands they feel smooth and nourished. Definitely think this one is up there with the likes of Soap and Glory's Hand Food, or dare I say it - better?



Yves Rocher | Pink Nail Polish | £3.60


I'm always a fan of finding new nail polishes. This baby / musky pink is a gorgeous colour and is so easy to apply. The lacquer isn't too thin or too thick and applies easily with a couple of brush movements. I also found that within one coat, I didn't need to apply more. It was perfectly opaque with just the one! It hasn't chipped so far (three days and a lot of typing later) which I think is pretty damn impressive! Yves Rocher is a brand I've only tried once before with a lipstick and so to branch out more into the brand with this nail polish has been great, I can't wait to try more of their products. 

Philip Kingsley | Elasticizer | £15


A pre-shampoo is something I've never heard of before - have I been living under a rock?! I've only tried this once, but have really loved the results (whether they're the purpose intended ones or not). My hair feels softer and looks shinier after a treatment and wash with this and I've also noticed a slight bounce to my hair (having dead straight hair this is always something I strive for). I wouldn't say that this product was worth it just yet, but I'm hoping with one or two more uses, i'll begin to see a bit more of a difference. Perhaps it's because I've got such long hair, but for me, the 'elasticity' really wasn't seen too much.


All That Jazz | Cuticle Balm | £11.99


Cuticle Balm is again, something I've never tried before. I suffer with quite dry and brittle nails and my cuticles are quite rough because of this. I haven't tried this product as of yet, but I'm hoping it'll work some wonders for me. It looks great and the  Apple and Cucumber scented one that I received smells absolutely amazing. 


Have you ever had a beauty subscription box? Do you think they're worth it? 

INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE

Share:

3 comments

  1. I absolutely love the look of this box I love figs and rouge, the elasticiser is such a cult product and the cuticle balm looks gorgeous! i want to start subbing again! xxxx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that nail polish shade!! I have never bought a beauty box as I don't think I would use all the products. I do think this one looks lovely though xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the box in this month, sadly I can't subscribe as they don't ship to Norway :/

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig