Friday 22 August 2014

Review | Clarins Eye Quartet Mineral Palette*

I have to say, when this utterly gorgeous gold-mirrored palette arrived in a package with my name on I did a little dance. Clarins haven't been a brand that I've been too familiar with before now; like I mentioned in my previous fragrance review here, I've never really given them a chance in the past. I think as a brand, the packaging never enticed me and I've never known the saying 'never judge a book by it's cover' to be more true. Clarins is quickly becoming one of my favourite brands in all areas. 



Eye Quartet Mineral Palette | £32


Firstly, the packaging for this product is just devine. The gold-mirrored effect of the outer casing is just lovely and really gives a classy feel to it. It's also perfect for an on-the-go mirror! I love that this also comes with a red velvet carry pouch, it's a great way to keep the mirror shining and free of grubby fingerprints. It also looks so elegant and makes the product feel that much more special. Silly, I know, but for us girls that take pride in our makeup, this is a lovely additional touch. 




The eyeshadows themselves are gorgeous dusty browns with the tiniest of shimmer. I really really like the fact that the shimmer is minimal, because I often think too much of a shimmer can ruin a look. There are four shades (pictured below) and they all compliment each other perfectly. The lovely Clarins people also include a mini 'how-to' guide card within the packaging, meaning that it's simple to work these colours together for a gorgeous smokey look. They say colour 1 is best for the main body of the eye lid, with number 2 shaded out towards the outer corner and 3 within the crease and outer corner. Number 4 is supposed to be used as a highlight below the brow and within the inner corner of the eye. I tried this myself and it looked really effective - always a definite must-do when tutorials are included! 



The longevity of these eyeshadows is lovely, with a spot of primer, these lasted most of the day before starting to fade away. For a girl working 8 hours straight this is a definite must! I also found that they have a lovely colour pay-off; they're really well pigmented and with primer have a great smokey effect when blended together. The colours also work really well as individual shadow bases and in different combinations. I've found myself jumping to use 4 within my inner corner and number 2 blended to my outer corner for a simple morning look if I'm in a rush and it's just as effective.




Clarins do lovely eyeshadows and this is something that I'd definitely recommend. At £32 for a quad, it's not the cheapest out there, but with these I think you're definitely paying for quality as well as the brand name. I've been really impressed with this product and will definitely be looking into the rest of their makeup range soon!



You can purchase the Clarins Eye Quartet Mineral Palette* here. 

Share:

4 comments

  1. Oh wow this looks beautiful & definitely colours I would use everyday, I always look for packaging first which is awful but it's always an added bonus to look expensive xxx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a sucker for packaging! If it looks ugly, unless I've been given it, I won't go near it! haha. such a snob - but definitely something i need to stop doing because Clarins are so lovely! xx

      Delete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig