Wednesday 21 October 2015

6 Favourite Autumnal Eye Shadows


As every Beauty Blogger / Vlogger out there does, in the Autumn I like to mix up my makeup routine and bring out the purples/berrys/oranges a bit more. I'm an absolute sucker for a burnt auburn / purple smokey eye and I've honestly been waiting so long for October to arrive. I've purchased quite a lot of eye shadows recently and I've generously been sent some to review so I have quite a few Autumnal Eye Shadow favourites to get through so I am terribly sorry if this is a bit of a long post! My first favourite and probably most loved eyeshadow palette at the moment has to be the Naked Smoky Palette by Urban Decay, I have been obsessed with this selection since day one and use at least one of it's shadows on a daily basis. I'm currently loving Black Market and Smolder, two very dark blue-purple shades that are perfect for vamping up eye looks! As you probably saw in my Naked Smoky review post, they have a perfect pigmentation and blend super easily! I've also been loving the original Naked Palette for my Autumnal looks and Half-Baked and Smog are definitely my go-to here.



My MAC Warm/Neutrals palette is my go-to for everyday auburn Autumn eyes, I love how it has 15 shades in that can have so many different combinations on the eyes. I personally love using Dark Brew and Amber lights to create individual block colour eye looks and also really like mixing the two  together to create a burgundy / amber shimmer smokey eye (can you tell I love the smokey eye look?). I bought this in Duty Free a couple of months back and haven't looked back since. Even though it has a slightly hefty price tag against it, it is actually well worth the money (especially compared to buying the pans separately!)


Next up for a gorgeous purpley/grey eye is this Cream Shadow in Chocolate Opal* from New Cid Cosmetics. It has a really lovely creamy formula which is so so so pretty on the eyes for a really bold look in the Autumn. I've had a lot of fun playing around with this recently and I think I've found a new love for cream eye shadows; I've never been a massive fan of them before but this one from NCC has the best formula I've tried out by far. Blending with my finger or a fluffy brush is the easiest thing and doesn't distort the colour at all, it's great build-able properties means it can work for all occasions as a deep purpley/brown block of colour or a smoked out grey. I am loving using this on it's own or with a subtle shimmery nude in my inner corners, it's so pretty I don't think it needs much else with it! I really want to get my hands on Crystal Quartz too to create a look with both of these colours!



Since launching her collection last year Charlotte Tilbury's eye shadow quads have stolen the hearts of many and mine was most definitely one of them. I posted about my Dolce Vita palette recently and have not stopped loving it since. I am insanely in love with the burgundy shade and the gorgeous golden bronze 'pop' colour is literally my all time love. It is always a little disappointing how flake that colour is, but when I really pack it on my eye it gives the perfect colour pay off and really enhances a boring look. At £38 for 4 eye shadows it is a lot, but I've definitely had my money's worth out of this one and really really want to get another...maybe in the new year!

Last but by no means least my fifth favourite Autumnal Eye Shadows have to be from my NARS eye shadow duo. I bought this a couple of weeks ago at a NARS event in the Manchester Selfridges and have pretty much been using it daily since. The left hand colour is my all-time base favourite at the moment and the slightly more orange colour to the right has been perfect for brightening up a dark autumn eye. I've wanted to get my hands on some NARS eye products for a while and yet again, I can't wait to get my hands on some more.

Left to Right: Nars shadows, Dolce Vita Palette, Chocolate Opal + smudged out



What are your favourite Autumnal eye shadows?

INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' 

Share:

6 comments

  1. Omfg all of these palettes/eyeshadows look gorgeous, especially the Mac Warm/Neutrals palette, LOVE!

    http://milkshakekingdom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your posts! As for me (before the nasty eye stuff) I love a golden/copper browns and love lilac shades for my eyes!!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amber Lights in the autumn!
    I have the Naked 2 but really need to get my hands on Naked 1 and Naked Smoky!
    Great picks

    Sophie x
    www.booksandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want the Charlotte Tilbury one, it looks beautiful!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Beky your photos are so beautiful! I love all of these, I can't even decide! Anything dark and smokey is a winner for me though ;-)

    Lauren - Blonde Vision

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Naked Pallete by Urban Decay is so pretty! x

    http://thegirlwiththeunicycle.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig