Thursday 15 October 2015

Winter Wonderbody #2 - 2 week update



So let's be honest from the beginning; The past two weeks have not been great on the exercise front. As my gym buddy hasn't been available to go to the gym with me and I've been absolutely shattered recently I haven't actually been. I'm ashamed. I was so determined to start this challenge the right way and I've fallen at the first hurdle with my exercise. My eating however started off really really well. So well in fact that I was so so proud of myself until of course it went a bit wrong... Now don't panic, my granddad is okay now and is recovering, but he did have a Heart Attack at the end of the first week. As I now live in Manchester I couldn't go home to be with my family and so I was constantly worrying and when I'm alone and worrying it's hard not to eat all of the crap in sight. But He's okay and I've picked myself up and I'm back on the straight and narrow!

I started the weekend off by picking up a copy of Geordie Shore star Charlotte Crosby's fitness DVD 'Charlotte's 3 Minute Belly Blitz'. I'm a huge fan of Charlotte for her weight loss and she's kind of my guilty pleasure (I think she's hilarious). I've been thinking of picking this up for a while now and with this challenge I thought it was about time! I did my first session today (Saturday 10th) and I loved it! I only made it through 10 of the 12 rounds but they are killer by the end of it and I'm hoping the more that I do this, the more that I'll be able to breeze through it without stopping. I'm loving it and I'm hoping that the 3 minute intervals will keep me interested, unlike past fitness fads that I've tried where I've always gotten bored.

I've never done well with past diets, I'm a bit too fussy for all of these grain and veggie diets and I can't be dealing with counting Syns or paying for programmes. I'm only 20 so there's really no need for me to be on a diet plan as such; I like to see it as more of a lifestyle change. Because I'm so young I'm aiming to change my habits now to start my twenties off properly instead of just starting a 3 month diet that will then lead to me pigging out again. These 12 weeks are going to be a complete lifestyle overhaul for me and I intend to stick to it! I've heard it takes 28 days for something to become habit, so I need to make sure I can keep at it.

 My action points for the next couple of weeks are to hit some classes at the gym and upscale my interval training. With my friend being away I'm going to find it difficult getting the motivation to go on my own but I'm determined to get started again. I've got some weights at home so I'll be able to hit some of my full body weight exercise goals and along with my 3 Minute Belly Blitz DVD when I can't get to the gym, I'll hopefully be able to hit my target of exercising 4 times a week. The lovely people at DW Fitness (who if you didn't know are the company behind this wonderful challenge) have sent me a couple of free day passes to their gyms so I'm going to try and get to my local one soon too! My food goals for the next fortnight are to cut out alcohol, which I know for a lot of people could be somewhat difficult, but for me it will be quite easy. To me alcohol is lovely for a special night out but I'm not someone who usually likes to drink throughout the week. I think the thing I'll struggle with (as I have been this week) is staying away from the chocolate.

The photos below show what I look like now. I took these straight after my workout Saturday (when I'm writing this post) so please excuse the sweatiness! I thought it would be proof that I have exercised! I've left my current stats below! If you're following this 12 week Wonderbody challenge let me know what you've been finding difficult; Have you been ducking out to have the odd chocolate bar? Have you stuck to your exercise goals?

Stats so far:

Starting Weight: 62.9KG
Weight 2 weeks in: 61.6KG
Loss so far: 1.3KG

Dress Size: 8
Hips: 38"
Waist: 27"
Thighs: 22"
Arms: 11"

Loving:
Avocado - Cannot get enough of the stuff!

Times Exercised: 2 (oops!)






INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' 


Share:

3 comments

  1. Glad to hear your grandad is doing okay now lovely :) And looking forward to seeing the rest of your journey, I tried the 3 Minute Belly Blitz a couple of times and still incorporate some of the moves into my workout now :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your Granddad is OK!! Honestly, you look great in the photos but I won't judge because everyone individual health is different and only you know the bests that need toning up towards an healthy weight goal!!

    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about your Grandad <3 you're looking so good, you're such great motivation for me to go to the gym!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig