Tuesday 24 December 2013

Guest Post | Christmas Eyes and Lips | Blogmas Day 24

1 sleep until Santa!

By Kim Radley


Hey Everyone!

This is Kim from my little blog KIM RADLEY! Super excited that I get to guest post on my gorgeous friend Beky's blog!

As I was lucky enough to steal the Christmas Eve guest post space, I thought I'd do a Christmas Eyes and Lips post showing you all my favourite looks that people have been sporting this time of year.

First off, eyeshadow has been playing a big part in some of my favourite eye makeup looks; golds, silvers, browns and blacks all make statement looks but add a bit of festive tones to the eyes. These are some of the best in my opinion:




This brass brown colour is gorgeous, the winged effect created with the eyeshadow is super flattering as well.

Make sure to pair with some fake eyelashes and red lips like this lovely lady has!







This is personally my favourite of the eyeshadow looks I came across; the transition from silver, to gold, to black is flawless and creates a dramatic look. The thin eyeliner along the top lid frames the eye and brings the whole look together.





For a more subtle eyeshadow, a simple gold eyelid is still festive and brightens the eyes making them pop. Again with the red lips is a perfect pairing!











If you are a bit daunted by these eyeshadow looks, do not despair! Complicated eyeshadow is not at all necessary in order to make a festive statement. Lipsticks come in so many different colours, shades, textures etc etc, you're bound to find one for you and for Christmas!

These are my favourite shades at the moment that compliment the Winter season:




A subtle deep berry red draws focus to the lips and accentuates that pout! Simple makeup really compliments the colour, and doesn't scream IVE TRIED REALLY HARD!



My go to lipstick colour this Christmas will definitely be the plummy/purple shades. I find it dramatises my look instantly. I pair with simple brown eyeshadow and eyeliner, without the winged effect.


If you're lucky enough to be able to pull off the "true red" shades, then I say GO FOR IT! Red is of course associated with Christmas, what with Mr Clause sporting it each year! This is the perfect Christmas lipstick colour.
















Or of course if you fancy going all out with the Christmas theme, have a look at these amazing examples!



[snow queen eye makeup]


[candy cane lips]

Hope you all enjoyed this post and have a good idea for what Christmas look you'll be pulling off tomorrow!


Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year


Kim xxx


follow me on...




What did you think of Kim's Guest Post guys? I know for sure that I'm going to be trying some of these for my Christmas and New years looks!
Leave a comment below and let us both know.

I'm hosting a giveaway, click here to enter
Share:

3 comments

  1. Great post, love the blog!

    Kylie
    http://beautyineffect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are in search of best dermatologist in Delhi then your search ends at Skin Plus.Skin Plus clinic in Delhi offering advanced techniques of Skin Care Treatments.

    ReplyDelete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig