Thursday 19 December 2013

Skin Care Routine | Blogmas Day 19

6 sleeps until Santa!

Hello Lovelies! There are only seven more days until Christmas and I don't know about you, but I am getting increasingly more excited for it as the days go on. The feeling of getting up on Christmas morning and slipping on those new PJ's that you've just unwrapped is one of the best, but one that isn't so good is having dry skin - It's just one of those things that drags me down and feels like a huge weight. I've got combination skin, so I'm quite lucky that my skin is usually rather nice to me, however in the Winter, I definitely notice the difference as those cooler days come about and the winds get harsher. I was told not so long ago, by the lovely Simone from Eltoria's Secrets, that I should change up my skin care routine and add a couple of steps - this was not only for the dryer skin, but also to control those pesky breakouts. My God, she is a savior! For the past couple of weeks now, I have been using the products below and I have noticed a massive difference in the way my face has been feeling; so smooth and nourished and dare I say it, almost blemish/spot free *touch wood*.

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes

I rave about these wipes a lot. Now I know that wipes aren't the best thing for your skin, but I really find that these are just perfect for me, they remove so much, including waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Simple makeup wipes are a product that I have been using for years; I don't think I'd change these up for anything, paired with their Eye Makeup Remover and a trusty cotton pad, they manage to clear my face effortlessly and carefully. Hey, if they're good enough for Cara Delevigne, they're good enough for me!

No 7 Soft and Soothed Gentle Cleanser

When Simone told me that she cleansed twice a day I almost didn't believe that it could be that good of a step in your skin care routine, I'd never bothered with it before and didn't think it mattered whether I cleansed or not. Hearing from both her and my sister how much cleansing really helps keep devilish spots and blemishes at bay, I decided to add it into my routine - yep, I was proven wrong, It really helps clear my skin and I have most definitely noticed a difference in the amount of blemishes I have been getting. I decided to start with my sister's holy grail cleansing product and I love it. I still need to try out some others, but so far this is a staple in my routine.

Lush Tea Tree Water Toner

Another product recommended by the sweetie that writes the amazing Eltoria's Secrets (what would I do without her, eh!?) is the Tea Tree Water from Lush. Another step I'd never really heard of is using a toner. Basically, it gives your skin an extra clean and removes all of the dirt etc from your skin that you can't really see and as Tea Tree is antibacterial, this one also kills the majority of bacteria on your skin - Perfect for keeping those spots away again! I've been loving this product ever since I started using it and as an avid tea tree lover anyway, this product called to me straight away, I didn't need a lot of persuasion to add this to my basket!

Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub

I've used this daily scrub for a very long time now. It's something I've done for over two years, every night before bed. I don't use it all over my face, but focus it mainly on my chin, above my lip and on my t-zone (nose and forehead) I find that it does a great job of keeping my face blackhead free and feeling fresh ready for bed. The only thing I've found recently with this scrub is that it dries my skin out a lot more in the winter after use, so I've had to apply a slither more moisturiser than normal.

Lush Skin Drink

Another amazing recommendation by Simone, Skin Drink is a great little moisturiser from Lush which feels so light on my skin, but still does the job perfectly! Skin Drink is made with sesame oil, almond oil, evening primrose oil and cocoa butter. The sesame oil is such a nourishing little extra for your skin and gives the moisturiser such a lovely nutty smell. I've said this with all of these products so far, but as a serial forget-er when it comes to moisturising, my face has lovingly welcomed this little gem with open arms. It's been a lifesaver during these winter days and my skin has never felt better!

Lush Oatfix and The Sacred Truth Face Masks

As a little extra, twice a week, instead of my Daily Scrub, I like to use a face mask to give my face a little pampering and a deep cleanse. I've fallen in love with Lush recently (as you can probably tell) and both of the face masks I have tried in the past couple weeks / months have been ideal for my skin, having definitely made a dramatic difference to it. I find giving my skin a deep cleanse in this way twice a week is perfect for getting rid of any of those unwanted pimples that just won't leave and for getting a deeper clean of your pores. Using the Lush face masks are even better,  not only because they smell amazing and are fun to apply (I like making a bit of a mess with Oatfix, my inner child creeps out and loves to just mess around with balancing bigger lumps on my face) but they're also made of fresh and natural ingredients, which are so much better for you.

What products do you use in your skin care routine?
Let me know in the comments below

xox

I'm hosting a giveaway, click here to enter
You can also vote for me for the #UKBA14 here


Share:

2 comments

  1. I've never tried the Lush toner, I might give that a go :) I'm using an aloe vera body shop one at the moment :) Have you tried Hydraluron?? I bought it last week and my skins starting to get so much better :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually. I've been reccomended it a couple of the time, but I am going to have to get me one now! :) Xx

      Delete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig