Tuesday 17 December 2013

Review | Trevor Sorbie Straight Shampoo & Conditioner | Blogmas Day 17

8 sleeps until Santa! 

My hair, as I have said in previous posts, is a pride of mine. I love how long it is and how easy it is to work with. I look after my hair fairly well, with deep conditions occasionally and washing it every other / couple of days. The main part of my hair care is changing up my shampoo and conditioner every time I use up a product and so when I find new products that I can try out it excites me very much.


Recently I purchased these two lovely looking bottles above from a Boots on 3 for 2 - where else would I buy my beauty / hair care goodies?! They were pink which first enticed me ( I know, I know, don't judge a book by it's cover, but guys, PINK!) and they honestly looked like they would be great products. I naughtily flipped the cap on the conditioner first of all and it smelt divine! I was almost sold, my favourites (John Frieda Frizz Ease) were the ones I'd just ran out of and so I knew I was definitely looking for something new, what sold it, was the 3 for 2 on hair care. You just cannot refuse a good 3 for 2! So I snapped up these Trevor Sorbie 'Straighten' items and also one of my beloved John Frieda conditioners for when I was done and headed to the counter.

I was so excited to use these products (you can see my excitement in a haul post here) so you can imgaine my disappointment when I realised that they really didn't do anything for my hair.I can't say I saw much difference in my hair with the shampoo, but then clean is clean, I guess... However, Usually, I leave my conditioner in my hair for a good 5-10 minutes in the bath/shower whilst I relax or shave my legs and such things, etc etc... but I found that doing this with this conditioner just made my hair greasier than when I first stepped foot into the shower. A few days later when I washed my hair with these products again (let's just say Batiste was my savior the couple days in between washes) I left the conditioner in for only a couple of seconds whilst I dispersed it throughout my hair, leaving only a tiny bit of it on the top of my head and making sure I washed it out thoroughly and quickly. Disappointment struck again as it still left my hair greasy beyond belief.

These aren't a brand that I'd be willing to buy again, I think I'll be sticking to my trusty John Frieda and Tony & Guy from now on. It's sad because I always love finding new products that I get on with, but I guess you can't love them all!

Let me know if you've tried these products before and how you've gotten on with them in the comments below

xox
I'm hosting a giveaway, click here to enter
Share:

2 comments

  1. Hey, I’m attempting to work out whether or not this can be price splurging on however all of the reviews ar from folks with fine and oily hair. Mine is coarse, thick and brittle/heat broken. Any plan whether or not it might be helpful for somebody like me? Thanks! -
    hair care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually may be quite good for your hair, I didn't like it as I said because it made my hair quite oily. however this may be what you need for a while to get your hair back to life? I'm no hair expert so don't take anything I say as legit, but i'd say maybe try aussie leave in conditioner also! xx

      Delete

© Beky Lou | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig